Epileptologist/Clinical Neurophysiologist Opportunity in Peoria, Illinois
- The Illinois Neurological Institute Epilepsy Center is a level IV Epilepsy Center, the only hospital in Illinois outside of Chicago to receive that designation. Dynamic academic environment with opportunities to teach and work with residents at the University of Illinois College of Medicine Peoria.
- This position supports a dedicated epilepsy monitoring unit, interpretation of neurophysiologic studies (EEGs, EPs) from hospitals throughout Central IL, and inpatient and outpatient seizure disorder services at OSF Saint Francis Medical Center.
- Participation in regional development efforts, including establishment of new outreach subspecialty clinics, as well as system-wide epilepsy care and intraoperative neurophysiological monitoring services.
- Experience or willingness to learn stereoelectroencephalogram (SEEG) analysis is preferred to support surgical decision making during epilepsy surgery case management conferences.
- Experience or willingness to learn the indications and management of RNS and DBS for epilepsy is strongly recommended
- Nurse practitioner and experienced neurosurgical support are in place for epilepsy surgery evaluations.
- Advanced neuroimaging includes MRI, fMRI, PET scan, and SPECT.
- EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled
- Competitive base salary plus incentives.
- 4 weeks paid vacation and 6 paid holidays
- 480 hours sick time/year
- Signing bonus
- Loan repayment options
- Paid occurrence based malpractice, CME, association membership dues
- Health, life, and dental insurance, retirement plan, and paid relocation
OSF St. Francis Medical Center
- OSF HealthCare Saint Francis Medical Center, with 629 beds, is the fifth-largest medical center in Illinois.
- A major teaching affiliate of the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria, it is the area’s only Level I Trauma Center, the highest level designated in trauma care. It serves as the resource hospital for emergency medical services for north-central Illinois. It is home to Children’s Hospital of Illinois and the Illinois Neurological Institute.
- Jump Simulation, a part of OSF Innovation, is a collaboration between University of Illinois College of Medicine Peoria and OSF HealthCare. The center replicates a variety of patient care settings to ensure novice and seasoned clinicians can practice handling medical situations in a life-like environment. Boasting six floors and 168,000 square feet, the center is one of the largest of its kind and provides space for conferences, anatomic training, virtual reality and innovation. For more information, visit.
- OSF Saint Francis and Children’s Hospital have been designated Magnet Status for excellence in nursing care since 2004.
- Rated the number one employer in Illinois by Forbes Magazine for the second year in a row.