Academic Geriatric Medicine
Washington Health System
155 Wilson Avenue
Washington, PA 15301
Washington Health System is located in Washington, Pennsylvania and has an exceptional clinical & academic position available for a qualified board certified family medicine or internal medicine physician. We are looking for a Geriatric Medicine physician to continue to develop and oversee the Geriatric Fellowship program at WHS – with the potential of becoming Fellowship Program Director. The program is designed to provide family medicine and internal medicine residency graduates with the unique clinical skills, knowledge and experiences necessary for delivering high quality care to the growing geriatric population. The first fellow started the program in July 2017. The WHS also has an established Palliative Medicine Fellowship which is a “sister” program that encourages active, educational interactions for the benefit of both programs.
Our Family Medicine Centers located in Canonsburg, Cecil, and Washington provide quality, family-oriented, primary care at convenient locations. We provide general health examinations, care for minor emergencies, accidents, and acute and chronic illnesses. We also provide care in obstetrics, gynecology, and pediatrics. Washington Health System's Family Medicine Centers are staffed by board-certified family medicine physicians and family medicine residents who are committed to providing high quality family medical care. These are academic medical practices operated by the Washington Health System Family Medicine Residency Program, a three-year training program for family medicine physicians. Full-time, board-certified physicians are on staff at each center and supervise the resident physicians.
Job details below…
- Family Medicine (CAQ in Geriatrics) or Internal Medicine (Boarded in Geriatrics)
- Fellowship preferred
- ACGME board certification required for position of Program Director for Geriatric Fellowship
- Full-time, permanent, hospital-employed position
- Experience preferred: 2-3 years post graduate
- Location: Washington, PA
- Coverage: Traditional inpatient & outpatient (hospital, skilled facilities)
- Call: 2-3 times/month, weekends every 6-8 weeks
- 60% clinical & 40% academics with Geriatric Fellowship program (1 fellow per year) , Palliative Medicine Fellowship (1 Fellow) and the dually accredited Washington Health System Residency Program (3 year program with 21 total residents)
- M.D. or D.O.
- Board Certified
- Compensation commensurate with experience
Apply for Academic Geriatric Medicine
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly