We're looking for Oncology Medical Directors who are passionate about clinical research and evidence development, interested in exploring and developing innovative new techniques, and looking to lead research projects in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work with Flatiron’s research teams to provide clinical and research leadership, ensuring quality and translating real-world data into insights that benefit cancer patients. This includes guiding decisions about how EHR-derived data sets are developed and used, and driving research from concept to data interpretation to publication. Medical Directors work closely with Flatiron multifunctional teams as well as external collaborators in industry, academia, and government. In this role, you will work within one of our clinical functions: Clinical Science, Medical and Scientific Affairs, and Research Platforms. You will help us push the envelope at the interface of technology and medicine. In addition, you'll also:
- Serve as a primary clinical voice of the company both internally, and to our life sciences clients and other external partners
- Lead data-driven research projects involving colleagues within Flatiron, and in collaboration with external partners in life science companies, academia, and government
- Provide clinical and scientific input as a member of cross-functional teams, on research projects that leverage real-world data to accelerate progress against cancer
- Contribute to data model development, analyses, results interpretation and publications
- Represent Flatiron at conferences, both in a speaking and a networking capacity
- Serve as a source of thought leadership for the direction of the company and its products
- Provide team guidance through the development of novel processes and products
- Work cross-functionally to ensure the highest clinical quality and relevance of our products and data
- Supply disease- and/or expertise-specific training to coworkers and clients
Who You Are
You're a medical oncologist with 2-7 years of experience after completion of subspecialty training (although we are open to considering other levels of experience). Medical Directors may be based out of either our New York City Headquarters or our growing San Francisco office. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have a medical degree, residency, and medical oncology and/or hematology fellowship from top institutions
- You have demonstrated expertise in one or more oncology-relevant methodological areas (e.g., outcomes research, real world evidence, patient-reported outcomes, health services research, quality improvement science, clinical trials, etc.)
- You are excited about working in a passionate, fast-paced, technology-driven culture
- You can easily explain scientific terms to a non-medical, highly sophisticated audience; superior communication skills
- You have comfort with ambiguity and a willingness to teach and learn
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You have experience working with industry in drug development, either in the industry setting or as an academic collaborator
- You have a health outcomes research background
- You have formal training in research methodology/data analytic methods
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Apply for Medical Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly