Seeking Pediatric Intensivist to Join Established PICU in Alexandria, LA!
Envision Physician Services is seeking a board eligible or board certified Pediatric Intensivist to join our collaborative care team to provide PICU services at Rapides Women’s & Children’s Hospital (RWCH). RWCH has a 6-bed Level II PICU and a 19-bed Pediatric floor. The ideal candidate has a passion for the care of Pediatric inpatient and critical care patients as well as teaching of family practice residents and RN/RT/NP team. Strong communication skills, teamwork, and quality of care are strong focuses in the unit and in the facility.
- Join an established Peds/PICU team to support the community!
- Collaborative care with daily PNP coverage and support!
- Flexible scheduling – Off 26-weeks a year!
- Education opportunities with family practice residents, PNPs, and RN/RT teams!
- Robust benefits which include malpractice, medical, dental, vision, and 401k (Effective day 1!)
- Staffing Model: 2 Pediatric Intensivists, 2 Pediatric Nurse Practitioners
- PNPs on during the day
- H&Ps, progress notes, Discharge summaries
- Procedures: intubations, lumbar punctures, line placement, chest tube placement, CPR
- Round/deliver care during the day
- Take call from home at night (30-min response time)
- Week on/off
- Call from home
- Inpatient Pediatric floor
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
- Pediatric Sedation Services
- No ECMO or post-op hearts
Rapides 2019 Census Data:
- Peds Admissions: 2,000
- Peds ADC: 10
- PICU Admissions: 375
- PICU ADC: 3
- Pediatric Subspecialists includes:
- Monthly subspecialty clinic (1-2x per month)
Facility Information: Rapides Women’s and Children’s Hospital is home to the area’s largest pediatric intensive care unit, with 19 beds staffed by the area’s only pediatric intensivists and a team of acute-care trained pediatric Nurse Practitioners who can provide a higher-level of care at a moment’s notice.
A hospitalist service is available for patients on the pediatric unit. Hospitalists work with your physician to insure a seamless transition from outpatient care to inpatient service. Hospitalists are also available to communicate with patients and their families when questions arise. Hospitalists take care of inpatients at the request of the patient’s physician.
It also offers non-invasive conscious sedation, performed by pediatric intensivists, for your child in the event that he or she requires more extensive testing.
Alexandria is part of Rapides Parish located in central Louisiana. The parish has 11 towns and cities with a total population of 133,000. The nearest airport is Alexandria International Airport (AEX). Louisiana State University (LSU) Tigers and New Orleans Saints are the 2 of the biggest sports team in the area. There are a lot of outdoor activities all year round including fishing and hunting. Lakes and rivers surround the area and Kisatchie National Forest is home to forested piney hills and hardwood bottoms of seven central and northern parishes.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
Envision Physician Services is a dynamic physician- and clinician-led organization that has been offering exceptional career opportunities for more than 60 years. With more than 25,000 affiliated clinicians coast-to-coast, Envision Physician Services is nationally recognized for delivering clinical excellence supported by innovation, integration and exceptional leadership.
Whether you are considering full-time, part-time, per diem, employed or independent contractor (site- and specialty-specific) opportunities with Envision Physician Services, you can rest assured you will be working for an organization that delivers unmatched opportunities and resources, including:
- Strong leadership at local, regional and national levels
- Exceptional quality of practice backed by comprehensive support services
- Optimal staffing ratios with flexible and equitable scheduling options
- A-rated professional liability insurance
- Extensive variety of practice settings coast-to-coast
- Competitive compensation including several benefit options
- Opportunities for professional development, mentoring and career advancement
- Comprehensive education and training on leadership, management and clinical best practices, including a wide variety of CME programs
- Clinical and scientific research opportunities
*Benefits vary by division, clinical specialty and employment status.
Quality people. Quality care. Quality of LIFE.(TM) Envision Physician Services is a national physician-led practice management company. This privately held company provides outsourced clinical department recruitment, staffing, management and billing/collection services for hundreds of hospitals and health systems nationwide.
Known for its unique structure, Envision Physician Services develops local practices, supports them with regionally-located clinical leadership and operational personnel and provides them access to unprecedented national resources. Each Envision Physician Services practice has its own unique culture, but all sites recruit and hire clinicians who share the company's core values of being patient-focused, customer-centered and caregiver-inspired.
Envision Physician Services is a family of companies, each of which has clinical staffing needs. Full-time, part-time, and independent contractor opportunities are available through Envision Physician Services.
Candidates considering a career within the Envision Physician Services family of companies will find a variety of community types (from small towns to major urban areas), practice settings (small hospitals to major academic health systems), job levels (entry level to senior management), and competitive pay with exceptional benefits. Specialties supported include Emergency Medicine, Hospital Medicine, Women’s and Children’s, Surgery, Anesthesia and Radiology/Teleradiology.
Envision Physician Services is proud to be an EOE/AA employer.
Apply for Pediatric Intensivist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly