OBGYN Laborist/Hospitalist, Advantia Health
Position: OBGYN Physician
Locations:Baltimore area, Maryland
8, 24 hour shifts per month/4 week cycle
About Advantia Health:
Advantia is transforming healthcare for all women – setting a higher standard of care and convenience while reducing unnecessary costs. Compassion and value inspire everything we do. We take time to listen, answer questions completely, and offer helpful technology between visits so that our patients are empowered and at ease. Alongside coordinated care, Advantia is pioneering care models that align incentives with the best interests of women and their families.
Advantia is expanding quickly through organic growth and acquisitions, providing direct care through more than 200 providers across 60 locations, serving over 430,000 patients at our OB-GYN and coordinated specialist offices. Advantia also enables health plans, state health organizations, hospital systems, and employers to deliver high-value care through technology products.
Learn more at: www.AdvantiaHealth.com
What are we looking for?
We are looking for first-class OBGYN physicians that put their patients first, provide stellar and comprehensive patient experiences, stay ahead of the curve in medical technologies and practices, and work well as a team.
This Laborist position will provide eight, 24 hour shifts per month to Upper Chesapeake Medical Center (UCMC) in Bel Air, Maryland, a suburb of the Baltimore area, and located close to Havre de Grace, one of the top places to live and visit in Maryland.UCMC is a 250-bed, community hospital with 1,300 deliveries per year.
- Provide high quality OBGYN medical care to patients at Upper Chesapeake Medical Center
- Provide level II perinatal and emergency gynecological and obstetric services
- Labor and delivery (Family Birthplace) triage for all patients (perform medical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses, and treatment)
- Provide eight, 24 hour shifts per month
- Call duties in emergency department and labor and delivery for unassigned patients
- Communicate diagnoses, expected length of stay, diagnostic and therapeutic plans in laymen’s terms to the patient and the patient’s family, and/or power of attorney
- Perform circumcisions, as requested
- First Assist for elective OB/GYN surgical cases
- Attending of record for NSTs
- Assist/support obstetrician and/or midwife, as needed
- Attend the morning, afternoon and evening huddles for the patients on labor and delivery
- Interact with Case Management and/or Social Work daily to help optimize throughput and facilitate optimal patient disposition at discharge
- Discuss plan of care with patient’s nurse on a daily basis
- Follow established Hospital and departmental policies, procedures and objectives, and safety, environmental and infection control standards
- Abide by the University of Maryland Upper Chesapeake Health (UM UCH) Code of Conduct and compliance polices.Behave in a manner which supports the UM UCH Culture of Excellence and HERO initiatives.
- Direct, advise, and supervise medical staff including nurses, nurse practitioners, medical assistants, etc. on proper procedures and protocol
- Interact with referring/community doctors, as needed
- Stay informed and provide the latest treatments
- Actively participate in internal quality improvement teams and work with team members to proactively drive improvement initiatives
- Documentation responsibilities:
- Provide documentation in accordance with current procedure and diagnosis code guidelines
- Computerized physician order entry (CPOE) and electronic documentation of patient problem list
- SOAP format recommended for daily progress notes
- H & P dictated for each patient within 24 hours of admission
- Discharge summary dictated on the day of discharge to ensure timely flow of information to the community doctors
- All medical records completed within two weeks of discharge per current UM UCH policy
- Provide complete and accurate discharge diagnoses in order to help the coding department assign the most accurate severity of illness
- Document pertinent level of care for each patient contact
- Complete billing timely (ideally same day)
- BC/BE OBGYN
- Authorized to work and practice in the United States
- Fluent in English
- Previous OBGYN experience preferred
- Active Medical License in the State of Maryland
Consistent with our belief that our providers are our most valuable resource, Advantia Health offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package, including health, dental, vision, and 401k. Generous income earning potential.Travel and malpractice is provided, as well as assistance with credentialing, privileging, and licensing.
This position has the potential to turn into a full time position with one of our practices.
Apply for OBGYN Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly