PHYSICIAN (OCCUPATIONAL MEDICINE)
You will serve as a Physician (Occupational Medicine) in the Occupational Medicine Department of NMRTC PORTSMOUTH VA.
This announcement uses the Direct Hire Authority for Certain Personnel of the Department of Defense to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to certain positions in the competitive service.
- You will provide professional oversight, medically and technically directs, and provides instruction to other departmental health care professionals providing care within the scope of their clinical responsibilities and practice.
- You will perform medical surveillance program examinations to include pre-placement (pre-employment), termination, fitness for duty, regional civil service, disability, respiratory protection qualification, and job certification examinations.
- You will review the employee occupational exposure history and the laboratory test and evaluation results with employee at the conclusion of the examination.
- You will determine the cause of the sentinel events by reviewing safety data, health record data and industrial hygiene information, evaluating the workplace and interviewing the employee and workplace supervisor.
- You will provide reproductive health evaluations to include all necessary follow-up evaluations and testing within the scope of services provided by the division.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment physical examination.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or pass the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- You will be required to meet any applicable credentialing or privileging requirements prior to appointment.
This job opportunity announcement has a first cut-off date. Applications received by 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST) on the cut-off date of 9/15/2020 will receive first consideration for this vacancy. Depending on staffing needs a 2nd cut-off date may be used.
In addition to meeting the Basic Requirement, applicants must also be able to satisfy clinical privileges requirements which includes the following:
- Completion of a residency program in the specialty approved by the American specialty board or AOA, board certification, or board eligible.
- Current clinical competence (e.g., privileged to independently practice as an Occupational Medicine Physician within the past 2 years, actively practiced within the past 2 years by having encountered a sufficient number of clinical cases to represent a broad spectrum of the privileges required).
- No health status contraindications to granting clinical privileges.
- Board certification is desired but not required.
Applicants must meet the following Basic Requirements of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualifications Standards Manual: Applicants must possess:
- DEGREE: Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicant's graduation. If your Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree is from a foreign medical school that provided education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States, you must have a permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) or a Fifth Pathway Certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduated education in a foreign country.
- LICENSING: Active, permanent, full, unrestricted physician license to practice medicine in any state, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
- RESIDENCY: 4 years of residency training or equivalent experience and training in Occupational Medicine (i.e., 3 yrs. Residency & 1year fellowship and/or experience). Your resume must reflect that you have sufficient level of expertise in Occupational Medicine to perform the core responsibilities of this position at the GP-14 level. This experience/training will include providing comprehensive occupational medical services; comprehensive occupational medicine consultations, evaluations and treatment both initial and follow-up of work related injuries or diseases.
In additional to the Basic Requirements, Applicant must possess:
- Selective Placement Factor (SPF):This position has a selective placement factor that will be used to screen out ineligible candidates. The selective placement factor is: possession of Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Certification. Failure to possess this factor WILL result in an ineligible rating.
How to Apply
Your complete application (resume, assessment questionnaire, and all supporting documents) must be received by 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) on 12/01/2020. Applications received after 12/01/2020 will generally result in an ineligible rating and loss of consideration. If more than one resume is received, only the last resume received and processed will be reviewed. Send your resume only to medjobs @navy.mil (no SSN or pictures please). Insert HC10900640 in your subject line.
To learn more about the position, please visit: https:// www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/PrintPreview/577332100
Apply for PHYSICIAN (OCCUPATIONAL MEDICINE)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly