MORC is looking for a Psychiatrist to provide comprehensive psychiatric services to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities assigned to the physician’s care. Responsibilities including conducting initial psychiatric evaluations, prescribing medications and medication reviews, crisis intervention, educating and training individuals served, their families, and care providers on psychiatric related matters. In addition, the Psychiatrist will serve as a resource and liaison with community health resources and other medical professionals to insure optimum mental health.
· Perform psychiatric evaluations
· Provide psychiatric consultation regarding the treatment needs of individuals in the following manner: Serve as liaison between community based psychiatrist, care providers and individuals; consult with care provider, schools, workshops, support team members, guardians and parents; with hospitals and inpatient care programs as needed
· Prescribe, review and renew psychotropic medications
· Evaluate patients’ emotional, behavioral and mental state through discussion, observation and analysis in order to determine the effectiveness of the treatment plan and modify as needed
· Monitor periodically: AIMs; serum levels of appropriate prescribed drugs; all other lab tests and diagnostic procedures, as needed
· Provide in-service and training to company and department staff, individuals, their families and care providers regarding psychiatric services and treatment issues
· Provide second opinions to psychiatric colleagues who provide services to other individuals. Request the same as needed.
· Maintains timely records of all items above in accordance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, standards and protocols
· The Psychiatrist will have a current and valid Michigan Medical license with board eligibility in the area of psychiatry.
· The Psychiatrist will have a current and valid Michigan DEA license.
· Experience working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities is preferred