OB/GYN PHYSICIAN - GENERALIST POSITION
Contra Costa Regional Medical Center (CCRMC), a public hospital with a nationally acclaimed Family Medicine Residency, has an exceptional full-time opportunity for BC/BE OB/GYN Physician.
Contra Costa Regional Medical Center and clinics provide comprehensive health care for a diverse population in the San Francisco East Bay. The hospital and clinics are home to the Contra Costa Family Residency Program that attracts outstanding residents with an interest in global health with high level training in obstetrics and women’s health. The hospital has about 2,000 births per year, a level 2 nursery, a busy emergency room and general gynecology surgical services.
OB/GYN physicians are employed by the county and part of the physicians' union with an excellent benefits and pension program.
The OB/GYN position includes:
- 1-2 days of OB/GYN clinic time per week at one of the county clinic sites
- Dedicated OR time for surgeries
- Inpatient shifts on labor and delivery, including ER consultations, emergency surgeries and a GYN inpatient service working closely with family medicine residents
- Direct resident teaching, including occasional didactic presentations
- Participation in a collaborative OB/GYN Dept with OB/GYN and Family Medicine OB focused physicians
- Opportunities to participate in quality improvement projects and develop leadership skills
Our ideal candidate has:
- A demonstrated interest in providing OB/GYN care for a population that include recent immigrants and socioeconomic challenges
- Well-developed teaching skills and a commitment to procedural training for family medicine residents
- A strong interest in ambulatory high-risk prenatal care
- Competent minimally invasive surgical skills
- Experience caring for patients with substance use disorders and complex social situations
- Language skills – especially Spanish, Farsi/Dari, Arabic, Portuguese, Asian languages (phone translation available at all sites)
- Ability to function well in a multidisciplinary team
The city of Martinez is located 30 minutes north east of San Francisco in the east bay. The wine country of the Napa and Sonoma valleys are within an hour's drive, and the ski resorts of the famed Lake Tahoe are only 2 ½ hours away. Martinez and the surrounding areas are diverse in culture and ethnicities and have excellent schools and a wide variety of dining and shopping experiences. Finally, the area is bustling with a wide range of outdoor opportunities.
Apply for OB/GYN PHYSICIAN - GENERALIST POSITION
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly