Chair - Department of Radiology
Chair of Radiology
Founded in 1866 as the Jewish Hospital, Einstein Healthcare Network (EHN), its physicians and its staff have been leaders in medicine for over 150 years. Today EHN is a $1.2 billion growth oriented, not-for-profit health system, anchored by the largest independent academic medical center in Philadelphia. Included in the network are Einstein Medical Center Philadelphia ,the primary tertiary and teaching hospital , the world-renowned Moss Rehabilitation Hospital at Elkins Park, Einstein Medical Center Montgomery, a newly built state-of-the art hospital in Montgomery county, Einstein Medical Center Elkins Park, a community hospital that also houses select surgical specialty programs, Willowcrest skilled nursing facility, an accountable care organization, Einstein Care Partners and 3 physician companies with over 550 employed physicians. The network employs over 8,500 people, cares for over 42,000 admissions, 160,000 ED visits, 780,000 outpatient visits, performs more than 400,000 imaging studies & procedures with 92,000 CTs, 53,000 US, 25,000 MRs and 10,000 interventional procedures annually. Staff practice in a subspecialty driven workflow.
Einstein Healthcare Network is the largest independent academic medical center in Eastern Pennsylvania with a strong academic affiliation with the Sidney Kimmel Medical College - Thomas Jefferson University. All staff receive academic appointments through this affiliation.
The radiology department, which is fully integrated across all sites, is a hybrid clinical practice with resident training, education, and clinical research integral to the department. We pride ourselves on an egalitarian approach to physician scheduling and compensation and a high level of camaraderie and cooperation among staff radiologists, residents, and technologists.
This position represents an outstanding opportunity for a distinguished physician to provide strategic leadership, direction, and coordination for the clinical, teaching, and research components of the Department of Radiology, while working collaboratively with clinical and administrative leadership to meet and exceed hospital and practice goals. The position has responsibility across the Network and the role is one that enables a physician to run a successful department while continuing to work in clinical practice, as well as being a valuable member of the senior network management team.
- 7 Divisions Mammography, Nuclear, Musculo-skeletal, Chest, Body, Ultrasound, Interventional
- 30 FTE radiologists
- 30 residents
- 6 MR scanners including two 3T units
- 9 CT scanners with iterative software and a dual energy spectral scanner
- State of the art Philips Epiq ultrasound scanners
- Web based Fuji PACS with internal IT team
- Home workstations
- Other software systems: Nuance, Vocera, Qgenda, Montage
- AI collaboration with several companies
As the Department Chair you will be responsible for:
- Developing departmental strategic goals
- Maintaining the highest quality of imaging and interventional care while growing volume
- Providing leadership
- Planning and monitoring finance and operations
- Maintaining a robust quality assurance program including peer Learning
- Ensuring a high level of cooperation, communication among the staff
- Overseeing educational programs: radiology residencies, medical students, and radiographer clinical training program
- Personally promote and maintain excellence and integrity in quality and patient care
- Promoting and monitoring research and academic activities
- Participating as an active clinician and educator and a visible leader and mentor
- Must share and demonstrate a passion for the institutional mission of exceptional clinical, education, and research services, including inter-professional team building
- Demonstrated ability to make complex decisions
- Must have the business acumen and cultural sensitivity to manage in a complex matrixed organization
- Must be able to deal with complexities of a large academic Institution
- Must demonstrate the interpersonal skills that will assure successful relationship building with a variety of external and internal stakeholders, including community clinicians, leaders, and donors.
- Must be able to act with honor and character
- Foresight to navigate changes in the specialty and adopt new technologies
- MD/DO from an Accredited US Medical School or Foreign Equivalent
- Successful Completion of an ACGME Accredited Radiology Residency (Fellowship Optional)
- Board Certification and ongoing maintenance of Certification through the American Board of Radiology
- Ability to obtain a Pennsylvania Medical License
- A minimum of 10 years of demonstrated accomplishment as a member of the leadership team of a large, community teaching hospital and/or academic medical center.
- A regional or national reputation as an outstanding clinician/educator/clinical researcher; a proven track record as an effective leader in a complex, highly competitive setting.
- Professional accomplishments that would support a faculty appointment with an academic rank at the Associate Professor or Professor level.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, current curriculum vita and complete contact information via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please address your application to:
Rohit Gulati, MD, Executive Vice President, Chief Medical Officer Einstein Medical Center - Philadelphia, and Beth Duffy, President/COO, Einstein Medical Center Montgomery, C/O Steven Jacobs, Senior Physician Recruiter: email@example.com
Apply for Chair - Department of Radiology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly