Faculty Physician - Rheumatology (Assistant or Associate Professor - Master Clinician Track)
As the multi-specialty group practice for the faculty of the University of Minnesota Medical School, University of Minnesota Physicians has more than 950 physicians and 1,600 health professionals, providing clinical care in over 100 specialty and sub-specialty areas. Our mission is three-fold: delivering exceptional patient care, advancing medicine through research, and training the next generation of health professionals.
The Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatic and Autoimmune Diseases at the University of Minnesota is seeking a full time board certified/eligible Rheumatologist at the Assistant or Associate Professor rank on the master clinician track
About the Appointment:
- This position includes clinical duties working in the MHealth Fairview Clinics and Surgery Center located on the East Bank of the University of Minnesota Medical campus, that opened in 2016. The five-floor facility houses 37 adult medical specialties, an ambulatory surgery and procedure center with 10 operating rooms and 6 procedure rooms, retail pharmacy, imaging services, including interventional radiology and mammography, and 171 spacious exam rooms.
- Will also cover inpatient consultative services at the University of Minnesota Medical Center (UMMC) located in Minneapolis.
- Additional responsibilities will include participation in the teaching of medical students, residents, and fellows, clinical practice through MPhysicians, and participation in service activities on behalf of the department, the medical school, and your profession.
- The position will require supervising, mentoring and teaching medical students, residents and fellows along with other curriculum development responsibilities.
- The successful candidate will participate in research projects and other academic/scholarly activities either as a collaborator or independent researcher and participate in faculty development activities tailored to the candidate's career interests and goals.
- This full-time position.
- Academic time will be used to pursue scholarly work in the candidate s area of specialty/research experience with a goal of developing collaborative or independent, externally funded research.
- Faculty will be active in their national organizations and foster an academic environment for medical students, residents and faculty.
About the Division:
The Division of Rheumatic and Autoimmune Diseases seeks the cure for a diverse group of immunological and inflammatory diseases that affect a wide range of organ systems. Although the cause of many of these illnesses is unknown, many share some form of immunopathology that leads to uncontrolled inflammation, pain, disability, and often tissue destruction. Ongoing basic, translational, and clinical research in this division is leading to an even greater understanding of systemic autoimmunity that leads to rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, scleroderma, systemic lupus erythematosus, Sjogren's syndrome and polymyositis/dermatoymyositis, as well as select tissue-specific autoimmune diseases such as multiple sclerosis and diabetes mellitus. Clinicians in this Division are also available for inpatient and outpatient Rheumatology Consultation at the University of Minnesota Medical Center-Fairview, Fairview Maple Grove sites. Finally, educators in this Division are training the next generation of biomedical researchers, rheumatology practitioners, and professors, to meet the growing health care needs of the 21st century.
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME internal medicine residency and rheumatology fellowship training program.
- Board certified with the American Board of Internal Medicine and board eligible/certified in rheumatology
- Licensed or ability to obtain Minnesota Board of Medical Practice Licensure.
- Ability to obtain/maintain DEA certification in the State of Minnesota
- Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges
- Ability to receive work authorization in the United States from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and maintain legal status according to the requirements of VISA category while in the United States.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional collaboration abilities with partners and staff.
- Understands and places importance on patient care/service.
- Detail oriented and self-motivated
- Education focused and a creative problem-solver
An application for the corresponding academic component of this position should be submitted through University of Minnesota employment site.
Information about benefits of working at the University of Minnesota and University of Minnesota Physicians can be found at https://humanresources.umn.edu/benefits & https://mphysicians.org/careers.
M Health and Clinical Partnerships:
University of Minnesota Physicians providers practice at affiliated locations under the University of Minnesota Health (M Health) shared care delivery system. M Health represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health Services to create a nationally renowned academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system.
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC):
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant, diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with world-renowned health centers, international corporations, government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service organizations.
Apply for Faculty Physician - Rheumatology (Assistant or Associate Professor - Master Clinician Track)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly