Stamford Hospital is a 305 bed, single room, brand-new state of the art facility in Stamford Connecticut hiring a board-certified Thoracic Surgeon who specializes in Adult Cardiac Surgery. The Program has outstanding clinical outcomes currently with 2 Adult Cardiac surgeons who work collaboratively with 39 Cardiologists, a General Thoracic Surgeon, and 5 Vascular Surgeons. Our surgeons collaborate with members of our Heart Team in catheter- based aortic and structural heart procedures. We offer the full spectrum of adult cardiac surgical procedures including TAVR, ECMO, and awaiting MitraClip. This established and growing Program performs approximately 125 Open Heart surgeries and 100 Structural Heart procedures per year. Program includes a dedicated Nurse Practitioner Program Navigator and Office Manager to assist with patient experience and efficient scheduling. Dedicated Cardiac Surgical nursing staff in the ICU and step-down units, and 24/7 in-house CT Surgery Physician Assistant team. Competitive salary and benefits structure. Applicant must have verifiable excellent outcomes and excellent communication and organizational skills. Must work well in a team environment.
- Applicants should have at least five years of experience as an attending surgeon, and have a demonstrated track-record of proficiency in the evaluation, treatment, and post-operative management of standard adult cardiac surgical diseases, including: coronary artery disease, valve replacement and repair, TAVR procedures, aortic aneurysms and dissections.
- The applicant must be committed to multidisciplinary Heart Team approach to treating cardiovascular disease.
- The surgeon will serve as liaison for the Division of Cardiac Surgery with Cardiology and Structural Heart Programs including TAVR case conference
- Have a strong interest in the structural heart disease and work closely with interventional cardiology team.
- Participate in reviews and evaluations of patterns of care for patients with CV disease using the STS registry
- Work with other hospital Departments and Divisions to enhance access to cardiovascular care at Stamford Hospital
- Work with the Departments of Quality and Risk Management to optimize the quality and safety of open-heart surgery at Stamford Hospital
- Partner with other Cardiothoracic surgeons to share call schedule and ensure surgical 24/7 coverage
- Work with other hospital Departments to develop multidisciplinary approaches to CV management, including multidisciplinary conferences and clinical pathways
- Participate in community outreach efforts to disseminate information about heart disease in general, and at Stamford Hospital in particular
- Introduce and maintain familiarity with new surgical and non-surgical approaches for the surgical management of cancers of all types
- Develop annual needs assessment and participate in Strategic Planning process for the Division of Cardiac Surgery
- Organize and present lectures at educational seminars in the field of cardiothoracic surgery
- Participate in clinical research
- Perform conventional, minimally invasive surgical operations (if applicable) in the treatment of cardiovascular disease.
Apply for Cardiac Surgeon
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly