Blood Bank Director - Pathology
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY people do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows. PAGNY is committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic physicians and promotes our health professionals’ wellness.
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Metropolitan, located on First Avenue & 97th Street in Manhattan, accommodate over 313,000 outpatient visits, nearly 70,000 emergency room visits and more than 13,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with New York Medical College.
Responsible for the direction and operation of the blood bank and oversight and management of all aspects of transfusion services.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the Privacy and Security rules outlined in the HIPAA guidelines.
- Establishes and implements competency and delegating of responsibility of blood bank staff.
- Sets expectations, monitors, documents and manages performance of all blood bank staff who report to this position.
- Monitors medical aspects of regional blood center operations including laboratories, research, medical community relations and collections.
- Oversees all blood bank testing.
- Promulgates criteria for the appropriate use of blood and blood components and educating hospital staff in proper use of blood and blood components.
- Provides medical direction for transfusion medicine-related clinical services.
- Promotes the use of safe and effective blood transfusion components and services.
- Investigation of possible transfusion-transmission diseases.
- Reports adverse events as required by regulatory agencies and accrediting organizations.
- Comply with all applicable state or federal laws; comply with all regulations, rules and policies of HHC.
- Ability to do Histology Lab work, and not only Blood Bank related responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current and valid license to practice Medicine in the State of New York.
- Post-graduate training in Blood Banking/Transfusion Medicine.
- Board certification in Pathology.
- New York State Blood Bank Director’s License
- Demonstrated leadership and managerial responsibilities in the areas of regulatory, accreditation and policies and clinical resource management.
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
- Medical Malpractice policy coverage
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apply for Blood Bank Director - Pathology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly