Allergy Attending Physician
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY people do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows. PAGNY is committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic physicians and promotes our health professionals’ wellness.
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Metropolitan, located on First Avenue & 97th Street in Manhattan, accommodate over 313,000 outpatient visits, nearly 70,000 emergency room visits and more than 13,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with New York Medical College.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the Privacy and Security rules outlined in the HIPAA guidelines.
- Successfully completes the mandatory one day HIPAA Training.
- Adheres and conforms to all hospital and departmental guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Examines patients, orders or performs appropriate diagnostic tests.
- Formulates diagnosis, directs or preforms appropriate therapeutic treatment and counsels patients.
- Consults with other members of the professional staff.
- Gives guidance and direction to the house staff and other members of the healthcare team.
- Provides guidance and participates in the teaching of house staff, in staff conferences, and in research projects as directed.
- Advises the less experienced members of the professional medical staff.
- Plans, organizes and directs the operation of a major segment within a medical service or medical program in a hospital or similar health facility; or assists the Chief of Service in the planning, organizing and directing of the entire medical service or medical program.
- Assists in the administration and coordination of the service.
- Assists in the establishment and maintenance of standards of performance for physicians and other professional employees working in the service.
- Performs other administrative, professional, consultative duties as needed by the Chief of Service.
- Participates in medical research.
- Prepares daily work log as required.
- Adheres to the departmental attendance policy.
- All other duties as required by the department.
- Graduate of an approved medical school;
- Possession of a valid license to practice in New York State;
- Current Board Certification issued by the appropriate American Specialty Board;
- Five years of full-time licensed experience as a physician practicing general medicine acceptable to the Medical Board of the hospital.
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
- Medical Malpractice policy coverage
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apply for Allergy Attending Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly