Seeking BC Rheumologist for Excellent VA Staff Opportunity in the Heart of Texas Amarillo, TX
The Amarillo VA Healthcare System (AVAHCS) is actively recruiting to fill a Board Certified Staff Rheumatologist (BE considered) to help care for our Veterans – American’s Heroes. Selected candidate will be considered for a faculty appointment at the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center & be involved with education & teaching of Rheumatology residents in our residency program plus medical students, medicine residents & other providers.
The AVAHCS is located in Amarillo a division of the Hear of Texas VA Health Care System, is a Joint Commission accredited, referral level 1b/high complexity, 175 bed facility serving more than 65,000 Veterans in a primary service area to include 50 counties in the Texas, and Oklahoma Panhandles, and eastern New Mexico. This exciting job opportunity awaits you in our, state-of-the-art VA facility in the city! AVAHCS is among the VA Medical Centers and has been improving the health of the men and women who have so proudly served our nation.
- Responsibilities will include primarily outpatient rheumatology services with occasional inpatient consultations.
- The Rheumatologist is responsible for providing Inpatient Rheumatology consults and follow-up, outpatient Rheumatology consults and follow-up, evaluation of patients with a variety of Rheumatologic conditions, and the performance of Rheumatology procedures. Some of the functions performed by the Rheumatologist include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides an infusion clinic for patients requiring biologics and IV bisphosphonates.
- Reviews and examines all patients with the clinical pharmacists.
- Reviews no-shows, contacting patients for abnormal lab tests, review of requests for refill.
- Provides ongoing care for patients with a wide variety of Rheumatologic conditions
The position includes clinical duties only (no research). The approximate time assigned in each of area as of the date of this statement is listed below. This may change over time depending on the needs of the Service and the Medical Center.
Work Schedule: Full-time, Monday-Friday
- Must be U.S. Citizen – Non-US Citizens may be considered
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in the U.S.
- Board Certification in Rheumatology preferred, but Board Eligibility may also be considered
Amarillo, Texas is a unique and history-rich area located where the southern plains meet the desert. Amarillo and the surrounding Panhandle area are a unique blend of two American eras; working western ranches and a vibrant twenty-first-century economy - making Amarillo the perfect mix of old and new Texas traditions. From canyons to old Cadillacs and gigantic steaks to grand scenery, the city is an Old West enthusiast's dream.
One of the country's best collections of Western art and artifacts can be found at the Panhandle-Plains Historical Museum. Mosey on over to the Amarillo Livestock Auction to mingle with real cowboys as they go about the business of buying and selling cattle. For those with interests that are more modern, the city boasts a great art museum and beautiful botanical gardens.
If you're traveling with kids, don't miss the thrilling rides at Wonderland Park. The whole family will be in awe of the fantastic rock formations at Palo Duro Canyon State Park.
Benefits and Features
Expected Salary range will be competitive for the academic rank and include a full benefits and features package to support high quality professional practice and favorable work-life-family balance. The VA provides employees with a robust benefits package and fosters an environment where more time is spent on medical practice and less on business tasks. VA does this by offering: Paid Time Off in the form of 26 Days paid annual leave, 13 Days paid sick leave per year, 10 Federal holidays with pay, and 5-Day paid absence to attend approved CME courses.
Insurance to include Health-Dental-Vision care insurance programs to choose from with premiums partially paid by VA; Flexible Spending Accounts; Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government; and Long-term care insurance available as an option. Federal Retirement Plan thru the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) - A three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS-FRAE basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan, with up to five percent government matching contributions.
Apply for Seeking BC Rheumologist for Excellent VA Staff Opportunity in the Heart of Texas Amarillo, TX
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly