Occupational Medicine Physician
The West Virginia University School of Public Health and the Department of Occupational and Environmental Health Sciences are seeking a full-time occupational medicine physician with strong clinical interests and teaching or research interests (ranks available: Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor). The successful candidate will be expected to practice in Morgantown, WV. The successful candidate may also be assigned to provide services at other worksites, including but not necessarily limited to, West Virginia University Hospitals, Inc., West Virginia University Medical Corporation doing business as University Health Associates, [etc.] located in West Virginia, Maryland, and Pennsylvania and, as such, travel is anticipated and expected to fulfill said duties at these other worksites.
The only Occupational Medicine Residency in the entire Appalachian region, this program is fully ACGME-accredited and supported by a NIOSH Training Project Grant.
In addition to providing excellent patient care, the successful candidate will also be actively involved in teaching medical students, residents, and fellows. For appointment at the Associate Professor or Professor rank, it is expected that candidates sustain an outstanding, extramurally supported research program. Clinical activities vary based on requests from our referral base. The full spectrum of occupational medicine services is provided at one main clinical location and onsite at workplaces throughout the region. Research opportunities exist through our accredited School of Public Health, our School of Medicine and NIOSH Morgantown, located on campus.
- Applicants must have an MD or DO degree or foreign equivalent and be eligible to obtain a West Virginia medical license.
- Candidates must be board certified/eligible in occupational medicine or hold the equivalent international occupational medicine certification (i.e., Consultant with M.Sc. in Occupational Medicine).
- For appointment at the Associate Professor rank, a demonstrated track-record of leadership, excellent communication skills, and publications in high-impact journals is required. All qualifications must be met by the time of appointment.
- The ideal candidate would have experience in providing clinical consultations on occupational and environmental medicine issues.
- This position requires strong communication skills for education and interactions with government, industry, academic, legislative, labor and community members.
WVU Medicine is West Virginia University s affiliated health system, West Virginia s largest private employer, and a national leader in patient safety and quality. The WVU Health System is comprised of thirteen member hospitals and five hospitals under management agreements, anchored by its flagship hospital, J.W Ruby Memorial Hospital in Morgantown, a 700+ bed academic medical center that offers tertiary and quaternary care. WVU Medicine has more than 1,000 active medical staff members and 18,000 employees who serve hundreds of thousands of people each year from across the state of West Virginia and the nation.
Morgantown, West Virginia is located just over an hour south of Pittsburgh, PA and three hours from Washington, D.C. and Baltimore, MD. Morgantown is consistently rated as one of the best small metropolitan areas in the country for both lifestyle and business climate. The area offers the cultural diversity and amenities of a large city in a safe, family-friendly environment. There is also an excellent school system and an abundance of beautiful homes and recreational activities.
Build your legacy as you serve, teach, learn and make a difference from day one. To learn more, http://publichealth.hsc.wvu.edu/occmed/ and apply online at http://wvumedicine.org/careers/
West Virginia University & University Health Associates are an AA/EO employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran and WVU is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity.
Apply for Occupational Medicine Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly