Hospice Team Physician
AdventHealth Hospice Care is seeking Hospice Team Physicians to oversee the medical components of the Hospice plan of care for each patient admitted to their team. This physician and other members of the interdisciplinary team will focus on collaboration and delivering the highest level of patient care. Our interdisciplinary teams consist of: RN Case Manager, CNA, Social Worker, Patient Care Manager and Chaplain.
We are looking for two Team Physicians. One physician will manage and have oversight of patients specifically within Long Term Care facilities and the other will manage and oversee patients throughout the noted service area of Orange, Seminole and Osceola Counties.
AdventHealth Hospice Care is the only non-profit, local experts in compassionate, end-of-life care, serving Orange, Seminole and Osceola counties since 1990. Our team provides individualized care and support to patients and families 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Because we are owned by AdventHealth, you have the full backing of our world-renowned hospital system.
Requirements for this position:
- MD or DO
- Ability to receive an unrestricted Florida Medical License
- Board certification in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine, or ABMS specialty certification
- Preferred but not required: Board certification in Hospice and Palliative Care
- Eligible to participate as a provider in the Medicare and Medicaid programs (including any successor program to either)
Summary of responsibilities (not limited to the following):
- Team physicians are responsible for the management of patients on 2 teams, including managing medication needs/cost per patient. Each team consists of 70-90 patients
- Monday Friday 8am-5pm schedule: will rotate nightly call coverage
- Responsible for medication management including e-prescribing of medications daily.
- Attends weekly team meetings as the medical director of the team, reviewing all patient management needs
- Completing all certificates of terminal illness narratives for the team for each new admission.
- Completing death certificates for patients assigned to team
- Receives calls from admission nurses and patient care managers regarding eligibility, orders, and plan of care
- Manages family matters including family conferences relating to current patients.
- Communicates with team members and community physicians in regard to current and future patients
- Conducting visits to patients in their home setting on an as needed basis
- Educates team members on medical topics and inquiries
AdventHealth Orlando is our 1,364 bed tertiary facility with close to 160 ICU beds. It is at the center of eight other hospitals around the greater Orlando area, which total approximately 3,000 beds. AdventHealth operates many hospitals across 9 different states; 30 of which are in Florida. Our mission has remained the same and is to Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ.Community Description
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
Apply for Hospice Team Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly