Physician - Academics-Radiology
The Department of Medical Imaging at the University of Arizona and the Banner University Medical Group in Tucson, AZ, are seeking applicants for a Full-Time faculty position in the Cardiothoracic Imaging Division. The ideal candidate will have a successful record of clinical and service excellence, research experience, and interest in graduate medical education. Responsibilities include all aspects of Cardiothoracic Imaging including CT/MRI, radiographs and cardiac MRI.
Essential Functions & Requirements:
- BC/BE Diagnostic Radiology, CAQ-eligible or certified.
- Fellowship training in Cardiothoracic Imaging
- Arizona Medical License
- Ability to work with diverse students, trainees and colleagues
- Experience with a variety of teaching methods and curricular perspectives.
- Work Schedule: Clinic coverage M-F, 4 days clinical coverage and 1 day academic work for 44 weeks a year
- Rotating Call: every 4th week with full weekend call covering staff cases from the hospital and ED
- Inpatient and outpatient CT/MRI, radiographs, cardiac MRI
- Academic Involvement: include funding/grant opportunities through multidisciplinary collaborations, publishing of peer-reviewed manuscripts and participating in local and national educational opportunities
The Department of Medical Imaging provides clinical service to Banner University Medical Center (BUMC) which includes the only Level I Trauma Center in southern Arizona, the Diamond Children’s Medical Center, University of Arizona Cancer Center, South Campus Hospital, University Medical Imaging and community sites throughout Arizona. The Department of Medical Imaging and BUMC are undergoing major growth and investment making this an attractive opportunity for the successful candidate. The department has a strong research core and is undergoing major investment in facilities and advanced technology. Our practice is founded upon translational sciences and education, covering the full array of diseases of the chest, abdominal and pelvis, including vascular and cardiac imaging. Our practice is interdisciplinary with active conferencing across the spectrum of specialties including expanding transplantation and oncology services. The clinical caseload serves as an excellent resource for our training programs, which include a Diagnostic Radiology residency and a fellowship-training program in Cardiothoracic Imaging. The Department of Medical Imaging has a strong tradition of imaging research, with 12 research faculty and many cross-appointed faculty in Biomedical Imaging, Optical Physics and 8,000 sq. ft. of dedicated research space in the Department, providing tremendous resources for translational research.
Tucson is a bustling, vibrant community nestled in the blooming Sonoran Desert. Vibrant culture, entertainment, and a thriving food scene minutes away with a booming housing market and attractive cost of living to live, work, and play!
- 350 Days of Year-Round Sunshine!
- The Outdoors Await! Golf, hiking, cycling, horseback riding, swimming, tanning and nearby winter skiing.
- A Unique Historical Heritage: Immerse in our city's history via art galleries, museums, architectural presidios and missions!
- Tantalizing Culinary Adventures: Explore vibrant palettes in one of the top gastronomy cities and fresh fusions on traditional food.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR CV FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION
Facility & Location InformationBanner University Medical Center - Tucson
1625 N. Campbell Ave, Tucson, AZ 85719 Physician - Academics-Radiology
Apply for Physician - Academics-Radiology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly