Medical Director of Advisory Services
For those considering a future as a physician executive, this role is an excellent professional development opportunity! As a Medical Director of Advisory Services, you will work elbow-to-elbow with physicians, staff, hospital leadership, and utilization management personnel to provide direct education and support in key areas including patient status, clinical documentation, compliance, and utilization management (UM).
Our physician advisors are trained in best practice clinical documentation and workflows, concurrent, secondary reviews, and performance improvement. This role provides the opportunity to use your clinical expertise away from the bedside. A rewarding part of being a physician advisor is providing continuous improvement feedback through physician-to-physician education.
- Act as a bridge between medical staff and case management, interpreting the most complicated UM issues and serve as an expert resource for other clinicians
- Ensure clinicians receive proper credit for the work they do through improved documentation
- Impact hospital health and support fellow physicians
With the Sound Advisory Services clinical management team's support, you will expand your knowledge, drive value, and steward the well-being and financial stability of the hospital. A medical director of advisory services is a highly visible leadership opportunity for a motivated and engaged physician with a minimum of 3 years of inpatient medicine and advisory experience required. Board certification (base specialty) recognized by ABMS or ABQAURP - Hospitalist, emergency medicine or intensivist experience preferred.
- Quality of Life: Monday through Friday and no call
- Benefits: Comprehensive Sound Physicians benefits package including 15 paid days off
- Education: CME allowance, paid CME time off, and a comprehensive training and onboarding program
- Development: Mentoring from the Sound Advisory Services clinical leadership team
We deliver high-quality case reviews and audit defense services to our partner hospitals while driving measurable changes to compliance, and key metrics such as case mix index and length of stay.Location and Lifestyle
Merced, California is located in the heart of San Joaquin Valley and is known as the Gateway to Yosemite, which is less than 2 hours away. Take a scenic drive 90 minutes to San Francisco where there is an array of suburban shopping and elegant restaurants. Enjoy mild winters and warm summer temperatures, making outdoor activities accessible all year round. The Merced Multicultural Arts Center is one of the favorite activities for adults and families to enjoy as well as the magnificent surrounding lakes. Merced boasts excellent school systems and a vibrant community college. It's an enticing place to live with moderate housing and an affordable cost of living.
Apply for Medical Director of Advisory Services
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly