Medical Director of Advisory Services / Population Health
For those considering a future as a physician executive, this role is an excellent professional development opportunity! As Medical Director of Advisory Services / Population Health, you will serve in a unique role that utilizes an experienced physician leader to provide on-site advisory services for leading utilization management (UM), compliance, clinical documentation (CDI) efforts, and population health-driven outcomes for affiliated health plan clientele to our partner hospitals.
The Medical Director of Advisory Services / Population Health will provide advisory support of partner hospital and utilization management activities associated with the Medical Director Onsite activities within the hospital and will have key responsibilities associated with the Medical Director Population Health by leading care coordination serving the identified healthplan clients, families, and external healthcare providers with focus on the delivery of quality and cost-efficient patient care within the designated in-network service delivery locations.
- Act as a bridge between medical staff and case management, interpreting the most complicated UM issues and serve as an expert resource for other clinicians
- Ensure clinicians receive proper credit for the work they do through improved documentation
- Serve as physician leader working with physicians from within/outside the organization to ensure value-based/population health patients receive services arranged and provided in an appropriate setting on a timely basis and to ensure quality outcomes are achieved on behalf of the patient/enrollee and healthplan
- Serves as a healthplan clinical resource on process improvement and best practices, providing recommendations regarding utilization and modification of established clinical guidelines, pathways, and processes that positively impact outcomes
With the Sound clinical management team's support, you will expand your knowledge, drive value, and steward the well-being and financial stability of the hospital. This position is a highly visible leadership opportunity for a motivated and engaged physician with experience in a risk-based Population Health environment and knowledge of Value-Based Care. A minimum of 3 years of inpatient medicine and advisory experience is required. Board certification (base specialty) recognized by ABMS or ABQAURP - Hospitalist, intensivist, emergency medicine experience preferred.
- Quality of Life: Monday through Friday and no call
- Benefits: Comprehensive Sound Physicians benefits package including 15 paid days off
- Education: CME allowance, paid CME time off, and a comprehensive training and onboarding program
- Development: Mentoring from the Sound Advisory Services clinical leadership team
We deliver high-quality case reviews and audit defense services to our partner hospitals while driving measurable changes to compliance, and key metrics such as case mix index and length of stay.Location and Lifestyle
California Hospital Medical Center, a 318-bed, community hospital, offers many services, including cancer care, diagnostic imaging, and emergency & trauma services, and is one of the best in California. As part of the Dignity Health network, Dignity Health - California Hospital Medical Center is dedicated to delivering high quality, compassionate care, and access to Los Angeles and nearby communities.
Coined the City of Angels, Los Angeles residents enjoy a Mediterranean climate, excellent school systems, and unmatched beauty. LA is a melting pot that has something to offer to all cultures and backgrounds. LA is the epicenter of the entertainment industry, is home to 9 professional sports teams, 15+ beaches, and is a perfect place to set roots.
Apply for Medical Director of Advisory Services / Population Health
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly