Sound Physicians, a physician-founded and led organization, focuses on improving quality, patient satisfaction, and ICU performance. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the way critical care is provided. This is accomplished by our relentless pursuit to create value and eliminate waste in the ICU, implementing critical care programs that focus on improving the lives of patients while creating value for our hospital partners.
We ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that measurably improves quality and lowers the cost of healthcare for patients in the communities we serve. Our culture promotes physician autonomy, mastery, and purpose. Physicians have the ability to effectively participate in the process of change management within the community hospital ICU setting.The Team - The Hospital
We are looking for an Intensivist to join our growing critical care program in Tucson, AZ! We are one team that covers three ICUs at Carondelet St Joseph's and Carondelet St Mary's Hospitals. This is an excellent opportunity to care for advanced cardiac patients, as well as complex neuroscience patients, with a cohesive team of excellent Board-certified Intensivists.
St. Josephs is home to the Carondelet Neurological Institute and is in the process of becoming a comprehensive stroke center and a level I trauma center. St Marys is home to the Carondelet Heart & Vascular Institute providing state of the art cardiovascular care.
- St Joseph's: 32-bed medical/surgical ICU & 12-bed NCCU (Neurocritical Care Unit)
- We have started an ECMO service at St Josephs and will be part of the new trauma program
- St Marys: 36-bed medical, surgical, and cardiovascular ICU
- We are implementing TandemHeart program at St Marys; Excellent team of structural interventional cardiologists
- Physicians will split ICU shifts evenly between Carondelet St Marys and St Josephs
- Robust subspecialty back-up - Sound manages the Hospitalist and Emergency Medicine services as well
- MD or DO
- Active Arizona license; ENLS and board certification in critical care medicine required
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward-thinking and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
Home to the University of Arizona, Tucson is the second-largest city in Arizona behind Phoenix, which both anchors the Arizona Sun Corridor. The city is located 108 miles southeast of Phoenix and 60 miles north of the U.S.-Mexico border. Located in southern Arizona, Tucson is situated in the Sonoran Desert and is surrounded by five mountain ranges, making it the perfect location for the outdoors enthusiast. Annually Tucson observes 360 sunny days providing year-round access to recreational activities including rock-climbing, snow-skiing camping and hiking bicycling across the areas 800+ miles of biking paths. Tucson has a rich cultural arts community comprised of over 200 art groups and over 30 regional museums. Affordable cost of living and nationally ranked schools make Tucson an excellent place to call home.
Apply for Intensivist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly