Sound Critical Care is a physician established and led group that partners with community hospitals to manage and improve ICUs nationwide. We ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that measurably improves quality and lowers the cost of healthcare for patients in the communities we serve. Our culture promotes physician autonomy, mastery, and purpose. Physicians have the ability to effectively participate in the process of change management within the community hospital ICU setting.The Team - The Hospital
We are excited to announce our newest hospital partnership in beautiful Tuscaloosa, Alabama at DCH Regional Medical Center.
DCH is a 583-bed, tertiary care center adjacent to the University of Alabamas campus and is home to a large subspecialty network providing the highest level of care to the region. Active cardiology, vascular, oncology, nephrology, trauma, and neuroscience programs are at the core of the medical center's care network. A long-standing affiliation with the University of Alabama's family medicine residency program allows for a large complement of residents to support the hospital's mission and vision. This unopposed residency is one of the largest family medicine residencies in the country.
- Regional referral center
- 32-bed ICU
- Block schedule with 12 hour day and night shifts (no call)
- Above market compensation package including sign-on bonus
- MD or DO
- Must be board certified or board eligible in Critical Care Medicine with 3+ years of experience
- Eligible to work in the United States; Not a J1 visa qualified area
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward-thinking and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
Tuscaloosa is a welcoming community steeped in history and home to the University of Alabama. While Tuscaloosa takes great pride in the Crimson Tides sports teams, there is so much more that make this a great place to call home. Roughly 200,000 people live in Tuscaloosa County with continued growth due to our thriving economy. Tuscaloosa sits on the Black Warrior River and is surrounded by lakes which is great for outdoor enthusiasts. Several of the top-ranked golf courses in the country are right here in Tuscaloosa. Our cost of living is 12% below the US average, excellent public and private schools, as well as a lively downtown & music scene, are a few reasons Tuscaloosa is a great place to live. Birmingham is less than an hour away, with easy commutes to Atlanta, Nashville, and many beautiful beach communities on the Gulf Coast.
Apply for Intensivist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly