Internal Medicine - Site Medical Director - Hospital Services Opportunity
IHA has an exciting opportunity for a Board Certified Internal Medicine physician to join the Hospitalist program as the Site Medical Director of Hospital Services located in the Ann Arbor, Michigan area.
The IHA Hospital Medicine Site Medical Director (SMD) serves as the physician leader for the Hospitalist Program primarily responsible for day-to-day operations of the Program. The selected candidate will work with the rest of the leadership team to provide Physician and APP support that is aligned with the IHA Hospital Medicine Service vision. The IHA SMD has joint responsibility with the Practice Manager for overseeing the clinical and administrative aspects of the practice. This includes accountability for clinical quality of care, patient satisfaction, staff and provider satisfaction, productivity, revenue enhancement, managed care performance, recruitment, and assuring adequate patient access. In conjunction with the Practice Manager, the SMD will also share accountability for practice performance goals and metrics, and for providing leadership for both practice providers and staff. The SMD monitors and leads daily operational activities to maintain service excellence and efficiencies of the Hospital Medicine Services.
The successful candidate will be board certified and have a minimum of three years experience practicing in a Hospital based group practice setting.
The SMD will support the IHA, Hospital, Division Head and the Division in the following:
- Acts as a mentor and role model for Division providers in providing quality patient centered care and fulfilling the expectations as outlined in the Hospitalist job description.
- Serve as the Physician Lead on all schedule matters in consultation with the Practice Manager and the Division Head of Hospital Services.
- Assists with Physician and APP Recruitment.
- Works with Practice Manager Coordinator, Night Physician Lead and APP lead to ensure staffing levels are maintained to enable optimal care delivery.
- Works collaboratively with the Emergency Department, Nursing, Sub-specialty providers and other teams in enhancing delivery of patient care and patient experience of care on alignment with the vision of the Hospital Medicine Program.
- Helps design and oversee quality, safety, and utilization initiatives for implementation by hospitalists. Defined areas include, but not limited to:
- Geographic patient assignment and IDR coordination
- Coordination of care for patients outside geographic teams
- Implementing standardized hand-off procedures amongst providers
- Overseeing resource utilization for the Hospital Medicine Service
- Ensuring provider understanding of day-to-day expectations and logistics.
- Works to advocate for efficient utilization of hospital resources.
- Meets regularly with Division Head and Associate Division Director to review program performance against financial and quality targets.
- Meets at appropriate frequency with Associate Division Head for Clinical Quality and Safety to develop priorities, goals, track progress and develop action plans. Participates in establishing Quality Metrics for the practice.
- Responsible overseeing new provider on-boarding, developing mechanism for follow up with individual providers at 30, 90 and 180 days of starting, and ongoing as required.
- Responsible for oversight of OPPE and FPPE for Hospital Medicine providers for IHA Hospital Medicine at SJM Ann Arbor.
This is an excellent opportunity for an Administrative physician to join a large Multispecialty group in southeast Michigan.
An excellent compensation and benefits package is available for the right candidate including:
- Competitive base rate and compensation plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Benefits; 403b, 457
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Profession Malpractice Coverage with Tail Coverage
ABOUT THE FACILITY
IHA is one of the best and largest multi-specialty groups in Michigan. IHA employs more than 1,600 staff members, which includes more than 800 providers consisting of: physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and midwives in approximately 70 practice locations across southeast Michigan, including 36 Specialties. IHA provides high-quality medical care and excellent service to nearly 485,000 active patients.
Recognized as Metro Detroit s Top Physician Group by Consumer Reports magazine, IHA also ranks in the top quartile for patient satisfaction nationally. Offering extended office hours and urgent care services, along with online patient diagnosis, treatment and appointment access tools. IHA demonstrates that it cares by bringing safe, high-quality, comprehensive and affordable care to its patients. For more information about IHA, visit www.ihacares.com.
Ann Arbor, Michigan offers a bustling downtown and charming tree-lined neighborhoods making it a safe and ideal place to live, learn, work, and raise a family. More than 114,000 residents live within the City s 28 square miles and Ann Arbor is a hub for excellence in education, boasting five colleges and universities. The City s acclaimed public school system has adapted a comprehensive academic achievement plan to help ensure all students are successful.
People are drawn to Ann Arbor for its eclectic urban setting and its acres of parks and trees. The cosmopolitan college town boasts fine to casual dining and world class shopping. Action packed sporting events come courtesy of the University of Michigan. Cultural experiences including museums, galleries, and a performing arts center make Ann Arbor a destination for art aficionados of any age. Endless opportunities for recreation are available in Ann Arbor, which operates 157 parks, trails, golf, canoe liveries, tennis courts, athletic fields and more. One of the most environmentally friendly cities around, Ann Arbor has a progressive recycling program and takes great measures toward the preservation of the City s green space.
Ann Arbor regularly receives national attention as one of the best places to live in the United States.
For more information about Ann Arbor, Michigan visit www.annarbor.com
Apply for Internal Medicine - Site Medical Director - Hospital Services Opportunity
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly