The Washington D.C. Veterans Affairs Medical Center is recruiting full-time Gastroenterology/Hepatology Physician to work on a multi-disciplinary team engaging in face to face care. The ideal candidate is an independent care provider who is highly skilled and has experience in Gastroenterology/Hepatology. Averages 30 hours of bookable face to face, phone, secure messaging time with veterans.
Utilizing the CPRS computer software program for entering and signing of medical orders such as laboratory studies, radiological studies, etc. Multi- disciplinary team setting consisting of Physician, RN and Health Technician. We have affiliations with The George Washington University Medical Center, Georgetown University Medical School, Howard University and Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences. Veteran services are provided in an outpatient setting. Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00-4:30 with call coverage every 7 weeks.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Full and unrestricted license from any U.S. State.
- Board certified preferred but will accept board eligible.
- Research and Grant Writing experience is preferred. For qualified candidates, protected research time is available
- Must be highly motivated, team-oriented, and committed to the care and good health for our Veteran
- 49 days of annual paid time off: 26 days paid vacation;13 days paid sick leave; 10 paid federal holidays.
- Sports for every season! From the Capitals to the Wizards, the Redskins to the World Series Nationals!
- Cuisine chic to please all appetites and budgets! Chic cafes, hipster bars, farmer’s markets and celebrity chef-run experiences!
- 4 seasons including snow, but it never gets too cold and summers are fairly mild.
VA boasts a comprehensive compensation and benefits package: Paid Time-Off, Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP) up to $200K over 5 years, Professional/Personal Insurance Coverages, Federal Retirement Plan AND separate 401K, CME, AND MUCH MORE!
Department of Veterans Affairs offers Veterans the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the United States. We operate more than 1,400 sites of care, including 153 medical centers, 909 ambulatory and community-based outpatient clinics, 135 nursing homes, 232 Veterans centers, 47 readjustment counseling centers, and 108 comprehensive home-care programs, across all 50 states.
Apply for Gastroenterologist/Hepatologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly