Pulmonary/Critical Care Physician
The position involves inpatient and outpatient Pulmonary Medicine, Critical Care Medicine and Sleep Medicine. The candidate will have educational responsibilities for Pulmonary/Critical Care fellows, Internal Medicine residents and medical students. Applicants must possess a full and unrestricted license in any state and must qualify for an academic appointment at The Albany Medical College of Union University. Applicants must be board certified in Internal Medicine, with subspecialty certification in Pulmonary Disease. Critical Care Medicine and Sleep Medicine boards are desirable.
Duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Attending responsibilities for the Medical ICU team (Medical Residents);
- Critical Care consultation in Surgical ICU (with Medical Residents and Critical Care Fellow);
- Teaching and mentoring medical students, residents, and Fellows;
- Inpatient consultations for Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine;
- Must be eligible for an academic appointment with the Albany Medical College of Union University;
Financial Disclosure Report:Not requiredTravel Required
Not requiredSupervisory status
- Job family (Series)
0602 Medical Officer
- United States Citizenship Required; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
Conditions of Employment
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement, 04/15/2021.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
- Board Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine and subspecialty certification in Pulmonary Disease.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support Certification.
Physical Requirements:The physician should be physically and mentally capable to perform the duties of the position including examinations, formulate the diagnosis and treatment plan and educate residents. Physical activities include sitting, standing (up to 4 hours) walking (up to 2 hours), heavy lifting (45 pounds or over), reaching above the shoulder, and repeated bending. The incumbent should be emotionally and mentally stable; and capable to perform the duties of the position.Education
Note:Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here:http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit:http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Apply for Pulmonary/Critical Care Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly