If selected, you will follow established guidelines, ethics, policies and protocols of the Department of Anesthesiology, Veterans Health Administration, and the profession.
Duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Direction of perioperative anesthetic care to patients
- Preoperative Assessments
- Intraoperative anesthetic administration and monitoring
- Post-anesthesia Care
- Providing anesthetic care for general surgery, orthopedics, plastics, ophthalmology,
- diabetic foot and oral surgery in OR, PACU, ICU ward and clinic settings
- Participating in the development and implementation of program planning, objectives, policies and standards essential to delivery of quality anesthetic care
Work Schedule:M-F 7:00am-3:00pm, On-Call Evenings, Nights, Weekends
Financial Disclosure Report:Not required
Recruitment Incentive:May be authorized for highly qualified candidates
Education Debt Reduction Program:This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program, a student loan reimbursement program. If selected for this position you must meet specific eligibility requirements, and submit your application within four months of appointment. The final award amount (up to $200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years) is determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment services Office.
Recruitment Incentive:May be authorized for highly qualified candidates.Travel Required
Not requiredSupervisory status
- Job family (Series)
0602 Medical Officer
- U.S. Citizenship; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
Conditions of Employment
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement, 04/15/2021.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
Reference:VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements:Candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment physical. Position requires walking, standing, reading typewritten material without strain, ability to hear conversational voice, emotional and mental stability, and working closely with others. Incumbent may be exposed to blood and body fluids. Must be able to physically respond when needed by prompt appearance at required location.Education
Note:Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here:http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit:http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Apply for Anesthesiologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly