IU Health Physicians - Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgeon with Spine Interest (Riley Hospital)
Riley Hospital for Children at Indiana University Health is seeking a Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon with an interest in spinal deformity to join our growing team in downtown Indianapolis.
With 16 hospitals and hundreds of clinics located throughout the state, IU Health is Indiana's largest and most comprehensive healthcare system. IU Health's continued excellence has been recognized by US News & World Report for the past 23 years. So, IU Health continues to be ranked among the nation's best and is the #1-ranked system in Indiana. Our orthopaedics group is the second largest in the state.
Riley Hospital is Indiana's largest and most skilled pediatric system. As one of the nation's leading healthcare networks specifically for children, our multidisciplinary team of pediatric primary care and specialists can deliver and coordinate healthcare for every child because we have expertise in all areas of pediatric health. Furthermore, with our unique partnership with one of the nation's leading medical schools, Indiana University School of Medicine, we are able to provide patient access to leading-edge medicine and treatment options.
- Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon with an interest in pediatric spinal deformity
- Ideal candidate should have interest/expertise in cervical spine, scoliosis (both idiopathic and neuromuscular), early onset scoliosis and/or spine trauma.
- Join a growing Pediatric Orthopedic Division and help expand an already established pediatric spinal deformity program
- Provide pediatric orthopedic trauma care at Level 1 trauma center
- A moderate component of the practice is composed of pediatric spine surgery. The remaining clinical practice is made up of pediatric orthopedic trauma and general pediatric orthopedics.
- As this position offers a full-time faculty appointment with Indiana University School of Medicine (IUSM), candidates should have an interest in academic medicine including teaching and research.
- Full Time
- Monday- Friday with shared ortho trauma call at Riley Children's Hospital
- Patient population:
- Ages 0-18
- The pediatric orthopedic division sees patients with a wide range of conditions including spinal deformity, cerebral palsy and other neuromuscular conditions, clubfoot and other foot deformities, DDH, SCFE, perthes disease, leg length discrepancy and deformity, pediatric orthopedic trauma, and more.
- Candidate must be ABOS Board Eligible or Board Certified in the United States
- Must be able to acquire Indiana license
- Orthopaedic fellowship-training required at accredited US program
- Current fellows and practicing physicians encouraged to apply
- We offer a strong compensation model with comprehensive benefits
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Community Description
Indianapolis, Indiana, the 17th largest U.S. city, is a sophisticated city blending charm and culture with a wonderful balance of business and leisure.Residents of this dynamic city enjoy:
- Leading educational system and top-ranked universities paired with a diverse population
- Vibrant downtown offering arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, aquarium, concerts and memorials
- Top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" eight consecutive years
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods with surrounding cultural districts and low cost of living
- Eagle Creek was named to Money Magazine's 2019 list of the Best Places to Live in America
- Collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and unique parks
- Home of the Colts (NFL), Fever (WNBA), Pacers (NBA), Indians (MiLB), Indianapolis 500 (IndyCar), Indy Eleven (NASL), NCAA and USTA Midwest
- Nation's largest half marathon (OneAmerica Mini-Marathon) and national biking awards
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis and Cincinnati
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider employment opportunities await with Indiana University Health Physicians.
IU Health Physicians group, which employs nearly 1,900 physicians and advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state, is one of the fastest-growing, comprehensive, multi-specialty practice groups in Indiana. IUHP also serves as the faculty practice plan of the IUSM and brings together IUSM faculty physicians, IU Health affiliated physicians and private practice physicians to give highly skilled doctors access to innovative treatments using the latest research and technology.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine provides patients with the most innovative treatments and latest technologies offering more treatment options than anywhere in the state. IU School of Medicine also creates unique research and teaching opportunities vital to medical advancement.
About IU Health Physicians:
- Comprehensive primary and specialty physician network, which provides access to extensive clinical expertise
- Physician-led and physician-managed practice group which is dedicated to high-quality, patient-focused care comprised of more than 25 physician practice groups
- Over 1,900 board certified and board-eligible physicians, over 250 advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state
- Leader in the use of electronic medical records (EMR); over 90% of IU Health Physicians use EMR to improve communication and coordination of patient records
- National leader in quality, through maintaining the highest clinical standards and commitment to rigorous quality initiatives
- Indiana University Health is one of the largest employers in Indiana
Indiana University Health National Recognition
- Indiana’s only healthcare system to be nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report 23 years in a row, with 3 specialties ranked in the top 50.
- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report, and is the only nationally ranked children’s hospital in Indiana.
- Six hospitals are designated as Magnet® hospitals by the American Nurses Credentialing Center recognizing excellence in nursing care.
- IU Health Transplant is the only comprehensive transplant program in Indiana and one of the nation’s largest solid-organ transplant center.
- With more than 200 physician researchers leading the way to new treatments, IU Health Simon Cancer Center is Indiana’s only National Cancer Institute-designated patient care center.
- Indiana University Health is one of the largest
Apply for IU Health Physicians - Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgeon with Spine Interest (Riley Hospital)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly