Geriatrics Physician VAMC Topeka, KS
Physician Geriatrics and Extended Care, VAMC
Geriatrics Physician position for approximately 50% time in Community Living Center (CLC) nursing facility care and approximately 50% time in geriatric ambulatory care, in the setting of a Geriatrics-PACT (primary care team, patient-aligned team). There are currently three Community Living Centers serving veterans in Topeka, serving a mix of patient types. A newly renovated unit is coming online which will provide skilled nursing facility/post-acute care and hospice care, which will initially occupy most of this position's time. The Geri PACT is not yet launched. The distribution of effort between various geriatrics care settings in the Geriatrics and Extended Care (GEC) service line will flex as needed during the build-phases of these programs. Working collaboratively with other Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and/or Physician Assistants is required. The incumbent must be able to work collaboratively with multiple health care disciplines, as well as with facility leadership and non-clinical areas involved in providing infrastructure for safe patient care
- Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP): Yes (full award of $200K over 5 years)
- Incentives Recruitment: YES
- Competitive salary and annual performance bonus!
- Guaranteed salary increases!
- Full benefits (see below)
- Licensure: 1 Full and unrestricted license from any US State is permissible to work at these facilities
- CME benefits
- Malpractice: free liability protection with tail coverage provided
- No physician employment contracts!
- Performance Pay end of each year.
Whether you're interested in academics, research, or a better work/life balance, you'll find the VA has a lot to offer, including the unmatched satisfaction you'll get from caring for those who have served our country. In addition to competitive pay and liability protection, the VA also offers a robust benefits plan that includes:
Paid Time Off:
- 26 Days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave – you can carry over up to 86 days into a new year
- 13 Days paid sick leave per year with unlimited carry over! Unused sick leave can be used to extend creditable service time at retirement!
- 10 Federal holidays with pay
- Possible 5 Days paid Authorized Absence to attend CME
- Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA)
- Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA)
- VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan
- Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government.
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option
Federal Retirement Plan:
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS-FRAE basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan
- How is the pension funded? VA employees hired after January 1, 2014 automatically contribute 4.4% of their salary each pay period and the VA contributes 8.3% of the employee's salary each pay period for a total annual contribution percentage equal to 12.7% of the employee's salary
- Similar to the 401(k) savings plans widely available in the private sector, the TSP allows employees to tax defer a portion of their income each year, subject to the requirements of the Internal Revenue Service. For calendar year 2016, employees under the age of 50 may contribute up to $18,000, while those over age 50 are eligible to make catch-up contributions that allow them to defer up to $24,000
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension
- In addition to FERS, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel
- Disability Retirement
Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years' service
Apply for Geriatrics Physician VAMC Topeka, KS
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly