Maternal Fetal Medicine Physician - Jacobi Medical Center and North Central Bronx Hospital - Bro...
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY people do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows. PAGNY is committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic physicians and promotes our health professionals wellness.
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Jacobi, located in the Bronx, accommodates more than 325,000 outpatient visits, more than 100,000 emergency room visits and more than 20,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital is renowned for The Trauma Center, staffed to treat any traumatic injury or illness, the fully accredited Breast Health Center, and The Burn Center, with more than 40 years of work in burn care. The hospital also serves patients of many other needs. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with Albert Einstein Medical College of Yeshiva University.
NYC Health + Hospitals/North Central Bronx handle more than 156,000 outpatient visits, more than 50,000 emergency room visits and more than 7,500 admissions annually in the 232-bed facility. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with the James J. Peters VA Medical Center.
Maternal Fetal Medicine Physician
- Inpatient and outpatient care of high risk obstetrical patients
- Coverage of High Risk Clinic
- Consult to the generalist and midwifery service for patient care
- Maternal fetal testing unit
- Interpretation of obstetrical ultrasound
- Antenatal diagnosis, testing and fetal evaluation
- Liaise with specialists to improve care mother & fetus
- Teach medical students, resident and other learners
- Call coverage will include in house call requirement monthly
- Call coverage will include MFM consult call from home
Clinical Quality Review and Supervision
- Participate in the Maternal Hospital Quality Improvement Network to recognize and reduce severe maternal morbidity and mortality
- Promote and oversee development of standard work and adoption of practice guidelines that promote quality, cost-effective care for the patient population.
- Ensure that appropriate quality improvement standards/metrics for the Obstetrics Division are established, maintained and reported.
- Participate in clinical quality initiatives focused on improving the patient experience, patient safety clinical outcomes, enhancing systems to assure timeliness and efficiency and assuring quality while maintaining fiscal responsibility.
- Provide leadership and disseminate practice standards and accountabilities to non-physician Obstetrics & Gynecology staff, physicians, residents and medical students.
- Participate in risk case reviews for NYSPORTS, formal RCAs and departmental QI and M&M conferences
- Ensure a culture of open dialogue with all staff, promote healthy team norms, and develop pathways to support staff and promote wellness.
- Ensure a culture of diversity and inclusion within the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology. Identify and address areas of inequity by promoting activities that build awareness and acceptance of all individuals.
- Create, implement and maintain defined objectives for Obstetrical services for clinical improvement, growth, and the expansion of services.
- Board Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Board Certified or Eligible in Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Eligible or licensed to practice in New York State
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
- Interest in research, education, and professional development of colleagues
- Advocacy for marginalized populations
- A history of working successfully with Nurse-Midwives, Women Health Nurse Practitioners, and physician assistants, preferably in a collaborative practice
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
- Medical Malpractice policy coverage
For more information regarding this opportunity, please email your CV to Loretta Modesto, Physician Recruiter for PAGNY, at ModestoL@pagny.org
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apply for Maternal Fetal Medicine Physician - Jacobi Medical Center and North Central Bronx Hospital - Bro...
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly