OB/GYN - Generalist
The Waco Family Medicine Residency Program seeks a full time BC/BE OB/GYN to join three established OB/GYN physicians on our faculty. The position is approximately 60% direct patient care and 40% education and supervision of the Family Medicine residents of our program.
The Waco Family Medicine Residency program is the oldest family medicine training program west of Mississippi and is ranked in the top 2% nationally. Our Federally Qualified Health Center program performs approximately 150 deliveries per month, representing 40% of the obstetric care in our county. Our patients are predominantly from an at-risk/high risk medical population. The goal of our program is to provide equitable, evidence based healthcare to the vulnerable in our community and to train the best Family Medicine Residents in the nation. As a faith friendly organization, many of our staff possess a mission to care for the underserved in our community as an expression of their faith in action.
A typical weekly schedule for our OB/GYN faculty would be comprised of 36 hours of patient care:
- 2 days of direct patient care
- 1 day L&D resident supervision in an OB/GYN hospitalist role
- 1 day GYN surgery
- 1 half day resident supervision in GYN or Colposcopy clinic
- 1 half day off
Night and weekend call is shared with the other OB/GYN physicians in the community in an in-house OB/GYN hospitalist model and averages 3-4 twelve hour shifts per month. In house call is compensated separately and in addition to the routine weekday work schedule.
Our program has an excellent relationship with Baylor Scott & White Hillcrest where we provide OB/GYN services. The hospital has 24-hour in-house anesthesia coverage and a Level III NICU.
The ideal candidate for this position would possess the following:
- M.D or D.O degree from an accredited school
- Successful completion of an accredited OB/GYN residency
- Board certified/board eligible with the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Current or committed to acquire unrestricted Texas license (TSBME) and unrestricted DPS and DEA licenses
- Commitment to evidence based education of our Family Medicine residents with solid command of current ACOG Practice Bulletins and Committee Opinions.
- History of teamwork
- Excellent communication skills with patients and staff that would serve as a model for our residents
- Spanish language skills beneficial but not required
- Strong work ethic but an appreciation of the excellent work-life balance and predictable schedule offered by this position
- Mission to care for the underserved patients in our community
Waco, Texas is a mid-sized, family-friendly city in Central Texas equidistant from the Dallas-Ft. Worth metroplex and Austin. Our community offers a vibrant downtown and arts culture complemented by the presence of Magnolia and Baylor University with its NCAA Division I sports including nationally ranked women’s and men’s basketball, football, baseball, volleyball and softball. Waco boasts a variety of outdoor recreation opportunities from kayaking on the Brazos River to world-class mountain-biking trails and hiking in Cameron Park, one of the largest urban city parks in the nation. Our cost of living is low and there are plentiful high quality schooling opportunities.
Apply for OB/GYN - Generalist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly