Seeking BC/BE Experienced Diagnostic Radiologist with Mammography & MQSA Qualifications for McAl...
The VA Texas Valley Coastal Bend Health Care System, Harlingen TX, is seeking a BC/BE Diagnostic Radiologist (BC Preferred) to join our medical staff at the McAllen (TX) Outpatient Clinic (OPC). This VA Clinic is located on the intersection of N. McColl Road and E. Hackberry Avenue in McAllen TX and occupies 58,700 square feet, and replaced the previous 27,700 square foot facility, and is approximately 37 minutes / 36 miles from the VA Health Care Center (HCC) in Harlingen TX.
The McAllen OPC was officially activated and opened for services on April 28, 2014, and provides extended primary care services and some outpatient specialty care including primary care, laboratory, radiology, mental health, nutrition, social work, women’s health, pharmacy and telemedicine – this site also houses the Rural Mobile Medical Unit. Position reports to the Chief of Radiology Service, who is currently assigned at the Laredo TX CBOC, with additionally specialty support provided by 2nd Radiologist who is virtually assigned to the McAllen OPC and works out of the San Antonio TX VAHCS. Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, with expectation physician will spend four days per week working at the McAllen OPC and one day per week working out of the Harlingen Health Care Center (HCC).
- Must be a Citizen of the U.S.
- Must have current unrestricted U.S. medical license
- Must be BC or BE and Experienced in Diagnostic Radiology (New Grads May Be Considered)
- Training & Experience in Mammography Program Administration & MQSA Inspections Required
Despite its reputation as a mere border town, McAllen Texas is a very vibrant metro area and a major center for retail, international trade, tourism and manufacturing. A high quality of life, an abundance of medical facilities and young, bicultural communities are additional draws. According to US News & World Report, McAllen, with a city population approaching 150,0000 and an MSA population over 860,000, was ranked among 125 US metro areas as the #5 “Best Places to Live for Quality of Life”, #9 in “Best Places to Live in Texas”, and #44 for “Best Places to Retire”. McAllen, also known as the “City of Palms, is the largest city in Hidalgo County Texas and the 22nd most populous city in Texas, located at the southern tip of the state in the Rio Grande Valley, a trans-border socio-cultural located in a floodplain draining into the Rio Grande River near its mouth. The combined Rio Grande Valley Communities have a population of 1,370,632, with Hispanics representing 88-90% of the McAllen area population and individuals under 35 years of age making up around 40-50% of the population. McAllen occupies the center of the Rio Grande Valley and is eight miles from the US-Mexico border, transforming the City and Region into a major international trade region by developing first-rate commercial, retail, office, industrial, medical, retirement and education facilities. The city has been consistently ranked among the safest cities in Texas and continues its promotion and transformation into a major international and retail trade, tourism and manufacturing that is among the most successful along the U.S. – Mexico Border … come join us in the Rio Grande Valley Coastal Bend!
Benefits and Features:
- Expected Salary range for well qualified Radiologist (Physician) will range from $340,000 to $350,000 with consideration given to candidate's qualifications, credentials and experience; and may include up to $15,000 in Annual Performance Bonus. For well-qualified candidate and dependent on available facility funding, selected physician may be considered for a Recruitment and/or Relocation Incentive, and eligibility to apply for the VA’s Education Debt Reduction Program, that may offer up to $200,000 in qualified educational load repayment
- The VA offers Physicians and all employees industry leading full benefits and features package to support high quality professional practice & favorable work-life-family balance.
- Paid Time Off in the form of 26 Days paid annual leave, 13 Days paid sick leave per year, 10 Federal holidays with pay, and 5-Day paid absence to attend approved CME
- Insurance to include Health-Dental-Vision care insurance programs to choose from with premiums partially paid by VA; Flexible Spending Accounts; Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government; and Long-term care insurance available as an option
- Federal Retirement Plans thru the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) - A three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS-FRAE basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan, with up to five percent government matching
About the VA:
Department of Veterans Affairs offers Veterans the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the United States. We operate more than 1,400 sites of care, including 153 medical centers, 909 ambulatory and community-based outpatient clinics, 135 nursing homes, 232 Veterans centers, 47 readjustment counseling centers, and 108 comprehensive home-care programs, across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and U.S. Territories.
To Explore This Physician Opportunity Further:
For information and consideration, please email your Cover Letter & Curriculum Vitae to: Dave Aragon, VA National Healthcare Recruitment Consultant, firstname.lastname@example.org or call (702) 675-5761.
Apply for Seeking BC/BE Experienced Diagnostic Radiologist with Mammography & MQSA Qualifications for McAl...
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly