OB Laborist Baltimore, Maryland
OB Laborist – Baltimore, Maryland
Excellent Leadership and Teaching Opportunity!
As a nonprofit teaching hospital, Sinai provides training for more than 140 residents and 400 medical students yearly. With 483 beds, Sinai is the largest community hospital in Maryland. Our department has 16 OB/GYNs, 3 GYN only physicians, 2 urogynecologists, 2 GYN/ONC, 2 certified nurse midwives on staff, and 16 residents (4 per year).
The Birth Place at Sinai Hospital is an integral part of the Baltimore community. We perform 2,000 births annually and have a Level 3 NICU. The unit is further supported by our team of Maternal Fetal Medicine specialists for high risk pregnancies. The divisions of Gynecologic Oncology and Urogynecology are also available for surgical support as indicated.
Seeking a highly engaged leader for the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Sinai Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Provide inpatient coverage for Labor and Delivery and OB triage
- Full Time, Employed Nocturnist
- Consult for post-partum and Emergency Departments
- Oversee Emergency Department and Gynecologic emergencies that includes but is not limited to miscarriages, ectopic pregnancies and complications of GYN surgery
- Manage labor floor that provides coverage of both low risk and high-risk pregnancies
- Perform vaginal deliveries as well as operative deliveries, cesarean sections, both primary and repeat procedures
- Regularly scheduled shifts from 12 – 14 hours which include weekends and nights. 3 shifts a week or 12 shifts a month. Holiday coverage on as needed basis
- Enjoy the reward and challenge of teaching and supervising future OB/GYN physicians in our ACGME certified program
- Be a part of our departmental focus on enhancing patient safety and improving physician satisfaction
- Consistent schedule with full time benefits
- MD or DO from an Accredited Medical School
- Board Certified or Board Eligible
- Procedures to conduct; vaginal delivery, operative vaginal delivery, cesarean section, cesarean hysterectomy, laparoscopic salpingectomy for ectopic pregnancy, diagnostic laparoscopy, dilation and curettage
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Ability to successfully obtain a Maryland medical license & DEA certification
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Must work well in a team environment
Competitive Benefit Package!
This opportunity offers many perks including full benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), free parking, 403(b) retirement plan, 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan, Life Insurance, comfortable doctors lounge stocked with drinks and snacks, and employee discounts. LifeBridge also has discounted memberships for our employees at our 70,000 square-foot award-winning Health and Fitness center!!
Apply for OB Laborist Baltimore, Maryland
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly