Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgeon - Obstetrics and Gynecology - Kings County Hospital - Bro...
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY people do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows. PAGNY is committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic physicians and promotes our health professionals wellness.
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Kings County operates a world-renowned Level 1 Trauma Center, one of only three in the borough, which serves 2.6 million residents of Brooklyn and Staten Island. NYC Health + Hospitals/Kings County maintains close relationships with NYC Health + Hospitals diagnostic, post-acute, and long-term care centers. The hospital is academically affiliated with SUNY Downstate Medical Center.
Kings County is located in the East Flatbush/Prospect-Lefferts section of Brooklyn, close to the 2 and 5 subways. Our patients are diverse, with the majority being afro-Caribbean. Most of our patients are native English speakers. Knowledge of French/Haitian Creole is helpful, but not required.
The Department of Obstetrics Gynecology at the NYC H+H/Kings County, seeks applicants for a position, who will lead in the development of a new Division of Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery. Rank and compensation are dependent upon qualifications.
Candidates for the position must have a medical degree and be board certified or an active candidate for certification by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology. In addition, the incumbent must have successfully completed (or have successfully completed at the time of hire) a postgraduate training program in OB/GYN and an American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists fellowship (2 years preferred), whose curriculum included the management of abdominal and pelvic pain. A commitment to teaching, research, and scholarship is also required; as is demonstrated experience and expertise in surgical skills and techniques for complex laparoscopic and open. The candidate must complete board certification within five (5) years of date of hire.
A commitment to respect for women and treating patients as a priority is necessary for this position. This encompasses a commitment to continuous learning, evidence-based patient care, accountability, honesty, teaching, research, and scholarship. Further, demonstrated experience and expertise in obstetrical management of patients, surgical skills and techniques,as well as ambulatory practice-based patient care is a must. Candidates must be collaborative, engage in multidisciplinary teamwork and communicate with patients and other care team members. Persons hired within the department of Obstetrics and Gynecology will be involved in quality improvement and performance improvement activities, as directed by department leadership.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ambulatory Care, Inpatient Services, and On Call duties (nights and weekends)
- Provide direct obstetric and gynecologic care to patients
- Provide gyn surgical care to patients, including minimally invasive techniques
- Provide support for other gyneco logic surgeons who are not as well versed in minimally invasive techniques
- Provide generalist obstetric and gynecologic care to patient
- Provide supervision and teaching to Fellows, Residents, and Medical Students
- Participate in Performance Improvement (PI) Activities for the OBGYN department or Kings County
- Assist in the formulation of protocols
- Participate in didactic sessions for medical student and resident education
- Board Certified or Eligible in General Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Successful completion of Fellowship in Gynecologic Laparoscopy(2 years preferred)
- Possess or eligible for a New York State Medical License
- 3 years' of experience, preferred
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
Please email your CV to Loretta Modesto, Physician Recruiter for PAGNY, at ModestoL@pagny.org
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apply for Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgeon - Obstetrics and Gynecology - Kings County Hospital - Bro...
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly