Cardiothoracic Surgery - Hospital Employed
Well established, hospital employed cardiothoracic surgery group seeks additional surgeon to join their 2 member practice. Exceptional referral base with strong primary care and cardiology physician referral sources from 13 counties. Call 1:3. A robust hospitalist service provides medical consults and management of non-surgical illnesses. Dothan, Alabama is recognized nationally as a best place to raise kids* and a best place to retire**. Our community offers a low cost of living, excellent educational facilities and traditional southern hospitality.
- » Paid interview and relocation expenses
- » Commencement bonus
- » Competitive Salary with comprehensive benefits package that includes but is not limited to health & dental insurance, malpractice, vacation and matching retirement
- » Competitive 1st year salary with potential productivity bonus option after first year
- » Hospital employed position
- » Access to 2 endovascular and open heart suites
- » daVinci robotic surgical system available
- » Call 1:3 with midlevel support in OR and for inpatient rounds
- » Office located on Southeast Health campus for easy access to hospital
- » Cardiology, intensivist and interventional radiology support services 24/7
ABOUT SOUTHEAST HEALTH
- » One of the largest not-for-profit tertiary referral centers in Alabama
- » 420 licensed bed facility
- » 2,800+ dedicated employees
- » 320 active Medical Staff
- » 16 member anesthesia group and 35 CRNAs provide 24/7 in-house coverage
- » 22 OR suites
- » 5 state-of-the-art cath labs and an electrophysiology lab
- » Level 2 trauma center with EM residency trained physicians (60,000 annual visits)
- » Interventional cardiology, EP and radiology labs, lithotripsy, 3 MRIs (1 3-T), 3 CTs including a 64 slice CT and Pet Scanner
- » 24/7 Neurosurgery coverage with 4 employed neurosurgeons
- » Comprehensive cancer network with clinics in Dothan and Enterprise, AL and Marianna, FL.
- » UAB Cancer Center affiliate » 32 CCU beds and 12 new overflow beds with 24/7 intensivist support » Serves over 600,000 in a 75-mile radius
- » The Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM) is Alabama’s first osteopathic medical school and the first in the U.S. to be developed by a regional medical center.
- » The second class of 143 students graduated from ACOM in June 2018. » An ACGME Internal Medicine Residency program began July 2018 with an inaugural class of 13 residents. Interviews are now underway for the next class.
ABOUT DOTHAN, ALABAMA
- » Nearby lakes and rivers and less than 100 miles to Gulf Coast Beaches
- » Robust business environment ranked #1 in retail sales in Alabama (per capita)
- » Highland Oaks, a Robert Trent Jones Golf Course, and other public and private golf courses and driving ranges
- » Regional Airport served by Delta Airlines
- » Recognized as a “Playful City” with 19 parks, 6 public swimming pools, 47 tennis courts including a 20-court complex built to professional standard