Geisinger Women & Children’s Institute is seeking a board eligible/certified Ob/Gyn Generalist to join our thriving practice at Geisinger Wyoming Valley (GWV) and a newer program at Geisinger Community Medical Center (GCMC). Our Ob/Gyn physicians are supported by advance practitioners and sub-specialists in a wide range of health services for women of all ages.
The ideal candidate will be a great team player, experiencing working with midwives and enjoys co-managing with them. Opportunities exist for working with both medical students and residents. Call coverage will be expected at both platforms. Each platform is a 24-hour in house call. GWV has roughly 1900 deliveries per year and GCMC is projected to have 400 deliveries in year one and 650 in the second year. Typical work week to include 1 call shift, 1 OR day, 2 clinic days. 1 – 2 weekend calls per month (which counts as the 1 call shift). We have four DaVinci Robots and academic appointments are available through our affiliation with the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
About the new program opening in Scranton: Geisinger Community Medical Center’s labor and delivery unit will return after more than a decade. The unit will feature eight private delivery suites, a newborn nursery and two operating rooms, as well we a 24/7 OBGYN and midwife.
We take pride in the support we provide:
- Competitive straight salary model linked to quality and value versus productivity measures in addition to recruitment incentives
- Excellent benefits package, including Malpractice & Tail coverage
- Four weeks of paid vacation time annually plus paid holidays
- A 5% employer contribution to 401(k) plan, 9% over certain wages
- Generous relocation
- 10 days and $3500 for CME
- Support and leadership from a full range of dedicated, experienced specialists & subspecialists
- Professional opportunities for mentorship, growth and advancement
Join the team that America is watching.
Interested candidates should send CV to Sandra Culbertson, MD--- Chair of Women’s Health c/o Betsy Kelchner, email@example.com
- The primary clinic location will be GWV, call coverage will be expected at both platforms (they are only 20-minute drive apart)
- Each platform is 24-hour in-house call
- GWV = 1900 deliveries
- GCMC, projected 400 deliveries in year 650 in year 2
- Typical work week to include 1 call shift, 1 OR day, 2 clinic days + 1 to 2 weekend calls per month (that counts as the 1 call shift)
- Ideal would be a more seasoned candidate, great team player, experience working with midwives and enjoys co-managing with them
- New L&D unit should be a draw
- They have four DaVinci Robots
- Academic positions are available through our affiliation with GSOM
Apply for Associate, OB/GYN
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly