Wound Care Physician
Arkansas Heart Hospital, located in Little Rock, Arkansas, has an opportunity for a wound/hyperbaric physician to join our network of providers. The successful candidate will be Board Certified in a discipline(s) related to the provision of wound care and hyperbaric medicine and will be a highly trained wound care/hyperbaric provider. The position will involve the treatment of wounds and the supervision of hyperbaric treatments.
KEY JOB FEATURES
- Employed – Hospital (outpatient department)
- Full Time
- Competitive Salary & Benefit
- Great Work-Life Balance
- Oversee aspects of outpatient patient wound care with inpatient consultations to be provided on an as requested basis.
- The physician will develop and maintain strong relationships with referring physicians and other providers to facilitate the optimal treatment of wounds.
- Adherence to recognized standards of care and protocols for wound treatment. Recognize acute and chronic wound infections, obtain definitive testing, and initiate appropriate debridement as well as topical and systemic therapies to treat infection.
- Formulate a treatment plan for chronic and acute wounds, including venous, arterial, pressure, neuropathic and atypical ulcers.
- Must be familiar with Department of Health, Joint Commission, HIPAA and any pertinent Federal Regulations pertaining to Wound Care and must adhere to such.
- Board Certified in one of the disciplines relating to the provision of Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine.
- Board Certification in Under Sea and Hyperbaric Medicine preferred,
- Candidate must have current, unrestricted, Arkansas medical license or licensure in progress and active on date of hire.
- The candidate must have current, unrestricted federal and state prescriptive authority, as well as a current and valid DEA Certificate.
ADVANCED WOUND HEALING CENTERS AT ARKANSAS HEART HOSPITAL
Arkansas Heart Hospital’s Wound Care and Hyperbaric Center focuses on the evaluation and treatment of chronic, non-healing wounds as well as the necessary education and optimization of an environment for healing. We utilize the most advanced treatment methods available, including mono-place hyperbaric oxygen therapy chambers. With two hyperbaric locations, we provide a comprehensive and integrated range of wound care and hyperbaric medicine services for patients from around Central Arkansas. These centers provide restorative care for wounds because non-healing wounds often lead to severe pain, complications, extended hospital stays, deteriorating health including limb amputations and increased healthcare costs.
Apply for Wound Care Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly