Clinical Medical Director Albuquerque New Mexico
Overview of Position:
Medical Director (MD) provides leadership to Lead Physicians, other clinicians and staff. Develops a good working relationship with the Healthcare Operations Director / Senior Manager; works cohesively to ensure goals are met. Ensures high quality medical care and high quality service is provided in the clinics. Provides mentorship to Lead Physicians and other clinicians. Participates in review and improvement of the financial success of clinics/departments, regularly reviews all relevant clinical metrics. Works collaboratively with the other Medical Directors and Executive Leadership Team (ELT) to meet the strategic goals and objectives of the Medical Group.
Directs and integrates the activities of multiple and major projects; ensuring the project efforts are generally cohesive, consistent, and effective in supporting the Medical Group s mission, goals, and strategic plan. Integrate the specialties to function in a cohesive fashion; aiding departments with institutional issues by working with hospital and health plan administrations. Interface with the other MD s to develop and implement new business strategies, quality initiatives and lines of business. Adheres to policies, procedures and regulations to ensure compliance and patient safety. Participation in Compliance training and other important training is a condition of employment.
- Business Acumen: Uses economic, financial, market, and industry data to understand and improve business results; uses one s understanding of major business functions, industry trends, and own organization s position to contribute to effective business strategies and tactics.
- Leadership: Demonstrates the traits, inclinations, and dispositions that characterize successful leaders; exhibits behavior styles that meet the demands of the leader role. Identifies goals for site or department in consultation with other Medical Directors and Operations leadership; leads efforts by providers and teammates to achieve those goals
- Building Trust: Interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence in one s intentions and those of the organization.
- Facilitating Change: Encourages others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities; facilitates the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace. Encourages others to participate in creating a positive culture of the Clinic and the Medical Group and to uphold the Mission, Vision and live the Core Values.
- Managing Conflict: Deals effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Building Strategic Work Relationships: Develops and uses collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Leads and manages the operations of specific medical programs, patient clinics or company initiatives.
- Trains and supervises Lead Physicians engaged in specialty activities and procedures as appropriate. Provides financial leadership with a focus on value based care including HCC capture, Affordability initiatives, and Quality measures.
- Provides leadership coaching and developmental feedback to Lead Physicians and other clinicians throughout the year.
- Collaborate with ELT to implement an infrastructure and system in place to measure quality and provide timely data to physicians on their performance. Implement measurable quality indicators.
- Recruit, hire, train, develop and manage Lead Physicians, other clinicians and support staff to meet the needs of the departments/clinics.
- Directs and integrates the activities of multiple and major projects; ensuring the project efforts are generally cohesive, consistent, and effective in supporting the Medical Group s mission, goals, and strategic plan.
- Represents the department to internal and external communities, business and industry, government, foundation and the general community. Promote and enhance the image of The Group, the department and participate in appropriate professional and academic organizations.
- Knowledge of current principles, methods and procedures for the delivery of medical evaluation diagnosis and treatment in area of expertise.
- Required: Fully licensed as a physician in the state of New Mexico.
- Preferred: Master s Degree in related filed
- Required: Two (2) years experience at leadership level in medical group or network; Five (5) years experience as a practicing physician preferably in a medical group
- Preferred: Experience in both fee-for-service and managed care operations
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to comfortably use Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Thorough understanding of medical group business models and clinical processes. Excellent understanding of medical group financial concepts, including revenue cycle, physician compensation models, and including managed care financial concepts (capitation, IBNR, MLR).
- Current MD/DO unrestricted medical license in the state of New Mexico Board Certified or in the process of obtaining certification unless granted an exemption by Credentialing Committee.
- New Mexico Pharmacy/DEA Registration if applicable to practice.
- Current BLS Certification
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here you ll find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(SM)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Apply for Clinical Medical Director Albuquerque New Mexico
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly