Rochester Regional Health-Laboratory Director
Rochester General Hospital, located in Rochester, New York is seeking an experienced Clinical Pathologist to serve as the Laboratory Director for Elmgrove Laboratory, our centralized high-volume ambulatory testing site. Elmgrove laboratory directorship will encompass 65-75% of this individuals efforts, with a secondary role at Rochester General Hospital (RGH) in an area to be determined. Possibilities at RGH include transfusion medicine or surgical pathology. This individual will also serve as the system subject matter expert in automated and special chemistry. Candidates should be Board certified in Clinical Pathology or Anatomic & Clinical Pathology, interested in teaching, and eligible for a New York State Department of Health Certificate of Qualification (C of Q for Laboratory Directorship) in a broad range of testing categories. Subspecialty board certification in Chemical Pathology, Blood Bank/Transfusion Medicine or Hematopathology will be advantageous.
- Partner with fellow RRH Laboratory Directors to harmonize ambulatory and acute care testing performed at eight laboratory sites (totaling 7 million billed tests/year), supporting numerous system clinical programs, including the Lipson Cancer Institute, the Mary M Gooley Hemophilia Center, nationally recognized cardiac surgery, heart failure and stroke programs and high-volume ambulatory and point-of-care testing services across multiple counties
- Join a multispecialty group of twenty-five experienced Rochester Regional Health (RRH) Pathologists supporting a five-hospital comprehensive healthcare system and committed to diagnostic excellence, teamwork and clinical collaboration
- Participate in innovative clinical informatics, population health and utilization management opportunities
- Serve as an Instructor in the RGH Clinical Laboratory Technologist Program, the 2nd oldest NAACLS accredited medical technologist training program in the United States
- Support global clinical trials diagnostics through a collaboration with our affiliate, ACM Global Laboratories
Rochester Regional Health, headquartered in Rochester, N.Y., is a physician-led integrated health services organization serving the people of Western New York, the Finger Lakes and surrounding areas. We are passionate about providing quality care, close to home, to patients from all walks of life.
Today, Rochester Regional serves 1.2 million residents across more than 4,000 square miles. Rochester Regional offers comprehensive care from 150 locations, including: Rochester General Hospital, Unity Hospital, Newark-Wayne Community Hospital, United Memorial Medical Center and Clifton-Springs Hospital and Clinic; more than 100 primary and specialty practices, rehabilitation centers and ambulatory campuses; innovative senior services, facilities and independent housing; a wide range of behavioral health services; and ACM Global Laboratories, a global leader in patient and clinical trials.
Rochester Regional Health is shaping the future of healthcare in central and western New York and making the lives of its patients better, easier and healthier.
The Rochester region features excellent public and private schools, and a variety of housing options. The Rochester region also offers diverse cultural and recreational opportunities year-round, including the Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra, GeVa Theatre Center, Rochester International Jazz Festival, as well as easy access to Manhattan, Boston, Washington, DC, Philadelphia, Toronto, the Adirondacks, Finger Lakes and Niagara regions.
There s something special about the greater Rochester region. Living and working here, our employees know that the people are friendlier, the community stronger and nature more beautiful. But that s just the beginning; you can find food, culture and all the benefits of a metropolitan area here as well.
Apply for Rochester Regional Health-Laboratory Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly