Rochester Regional Health-Hematopathology Director Opportunity
Rochester General Hospital, located in Rochester, New York is seeking an experienced Hematopathologist to serve as the RGH Director of Hematology. This individual should have experience with ten-color flow cytometry, bone marrow and lymph node biopsy interpretation and advanced coagulation assays, and be prepared to support a new bone marrow stem cell transplant program. This role will include teaching responsibilities for RRH Hematology Oncology Fellows. Experience in Transfusion Medicine is desirable but not a requirement. Candidates should be Board certified in Clinical Pathology or Anatomic & Clinical Pathology and eligible for a New York State Department of Health Certificate of Qualification (C of Q for Laboratory Directorship) in a broad range of testing categories. Subspecialty board certification in Hematopathology is required.
- Join a multispecialty group of twenty-five experienced Rochester Regional Health (RRH) Pathologists supporting a five-hospital comprehensive healthcare system and committed to diagnostic excellence, teamwork and clinical collaboration
- Share hematopathology signout responsibilities with a collaborative team of three other experienced hematopathologists
- Partner with fellow RRH Laboratory Directors to harmonize ambulatory and acute care testing performed at eight laboratory sites (totaling 7 million billed tests/year), supporting numerous system clinical programs, including the Lipson Cancer Institute, the Mary M Gooley Hemophilia Center, nationally recognized cardiac surgery, heart failure and stroke programs and high-volume ambulatory and point-of-care testing services across multiple counties
- Serve as an Instructor in the RGH Clinical Laboratory Technologist Program, the 2nd oldest NAACLS accredited medical technologist training program in the United States
- Support global clinical trials diagnostics through a collaboration with our affiliate, ACM Global Laboratories
Rochester Regional Health, headquartered in Rochester, N.Y., is a physician-led integrated health services organization serving the people of Western New York, the Finger Lakes and surrounding areas. We are passionate about providing quality care, close to home, to patients from all walks of life.
Today, Rochester Regional serves 1.2 million residents across more than 4,000 square miles. Rochester Regional offers comprehensive care from 150 locations, including: Rochester General Hospital, Unity Hospital, Newark-Wayne Community Hospital, United Memorial Medical Center and Clifton-Springs Hospital and Clinic; more than 100 primary and specialty practices, rehabilitation centers and ambulatory campuses; innovative senior services, facilities and independent housing; a wide range of behavioral health services; and ACM Global Laboratories, a global leader in patient and clinical trials.
Rochester Regional Health is shaping the future of healthcare in central and western New York and making the lives of its patients better, easier and healthier.
The Rochester region features excellent public and private schools, and a variety of housing options. The Rochester region also offers diverse cultural and recreational opportunities year-round, including the Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra, GeVa Theatre Center, Rochester International Jazz Festival, as well as easy access to Manhattan, Boston, Washington, DC, Philadelphia, Toronto, the Adirondacks, Finger Lakes and Niagara regions.
There s something special about the greater Rochester region. Living and working here, our employees know that the people are friendlier, the community stronger and nature more beautiful. But that s just the beginning; you can find food, culture and all the benefits of a metropolitan area here as well.
Apply for Rochester Regional Health-Hematopathology Director Opportunity
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly