Director - Graduate Medical Education Opportunity
Saint Joseph Mercy Health System has an outstanding full-time employment opportunity for a Director of Graduate Medical Education to join a large health system located in southeast Michigan.
The selected provider will provide Medical Directorship services for the Graduate Medical Education Programs at St. Joseph Mercy Health System. Successful candidates will possess an M.D. or D.O., and a minimum of seven years of clinical research, or Graduate Medical Education administrative practice. Previous experience as a DIO or Director of Graduate Medical Education; or Program Director for at least five years.
Successful candidate should also possess board certification in a clinical area of expertise. Preference will be shown to graduates of ACGME or AAMC DIO courses and at least three years leadership (program Director, Asst. Medical School Dean in Graduate Medical Education, etc). MBA/MPH is also preferred.
The Essential Functions and Responsibilities include:
- Oversight of Institutional Accreditation and programmatic Accreditation of all ACGME and CODA approved training programs.
- Oversight of non-accredited programs as the institution may from time to time support.
- Provide oversight of visiting and assigned outside residents.
- Plan and lead the Graduate Medical Education Committee (GMEC).
- Plan all residency training and programs to support the mission.
- Manage residency quota system seeking opportunities for funded training slots.
- Work with Trinity Integrated Continuing Medical Education (ICME) department to support the local CME programing and provide local oversight to CME.
- Supervise the local Institutional Review Board (IRB) manager to support the IRB, oversee the research nurses and promote research at SJMO.
- Oversee all medical Student teaching programs, including stewardship of the Ross affiliation. Support new curricular innovations to improve program.
- Seek and expand new opportunities to work with local and regional medical schools for the benefit of SJMO.
- Oversee the Simulation laboratory while developing expanded use of the laboratory and resources for the facility.
- Obtain and maintain American College of Surgeons (ACS) accreditation of the Simulation laboratory.
- In collaboration with the clinical leadership, promote the adoption of evidence based patient safety focused
- Promotes clinical quality/safety and Outcomes Management to Medical Education in order to assist the residency programs.
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures related to utilization, including but not limited to, required system use, decision support, clinical rules, medical record access and performance improvement, and peer review.
- Supports the design of clinical pathway models with physician, nursing and administrative leadership and will assist in the modification of these models to gain maximum efficiency and support for patient care and research protocols.
- Assists in the development, delivery, and evaluation of training materials for physicians.
- Provides input into issues and initiatives in clinical quality, utilization and case management as appropriate and requested.
An excellent competitive compensation and complete benefits package is being offered for the right candidate.
ABOUT THE FACILITY
Saint Joseph Mercy Health System (SJMHS) is one of the nation's top health care services providers, spanning 5 counties in Southeastern Michigan. With more than 2,700 physicians and 14,000 nurses and staff, Saint Joseph Mercy Health System includes 6 Hospitals, 5 Outpatient Health Centers, 8 Urgent Care Facilities and over 25 Specialty Centers.
St. Joseph Mercy Oakland - St. Joseph Mercy Oakland (SJMO), a member of Saint Joseph Mercy Health System, is a 443-bed comprehensive, community teaching hospital and regional tertiary facility located in Oakland County, Michigan. SJMO is a member of Trinity Health, one of the largest Catholic health care organizations in the United States.
A long-time leader in Oakland County, SJMO was founded in 1927 by the Sisters of Mercy. For more than 80 years, SJMO has been a technologically forward hospital that combines advanced medicine and personal care to assist patients on their path to wellness. With dedicated physicians, nurses and hospital staff committed to providing quality care throughout the patient stay, St. Joseph Mercy Oakland has truly personalized the patient experience. SJMO has won numerous local and national recognition for patient safety, quality and performance, and consistently ranks in the top 10 percent of hospitals nationwide.
With a recent $54.5 million hospital renovation and expansion, SJMO has added an additional 120,000 square feet, housing a new emergency center, private patient tower, imaging center and retail pharmacy. SJMO provides a broad range of services including cardiology, orthopedics, women & children services, cancer care, and neurosciences. SJMO s staff and physicians are dedicated to providing excellence in patient care.
SJMO invites you to join its award-winning team, grow in a positive environment, and build a remarkable future with a leader in health care.
For more information about St. Joseph Mercy Oakland, please visit www.stjoesoakland.org.
Oakland County, Michigan - Named for its beautiful oak trees, Oakland County offers a blend of big city, suburban, and rural lifestyles. Oakland County is recognized as having Michigan s second highest population with a residential population of more than 68,000 and has continued to grow since its inception over 175 years ago. Located north of Detroit, Oakland County is part of the nation s seventh largest metropolitan area and is home to 39 cities and 14 townships. Today, residents have access to 30 downtown areas, nearly 90,000 acres of natural settings, several entertainment and sports venues, plus countless opportunities to achieve a high quality of life. This area is also home to several institutions of higher education, well-known private schools, and exemplary public schools.
With its proximity to Detroit, quality schools, and numerous recreational opportunities, the Oakland area is a perfect place to raise a family. Museums and golf courses are nearby, and Detroit's sporting events, concerts and more are just a half-hour away. The old, well established neighborhoods of the past are joined by gorgeous new residential development. The Oakland area is also a great locale for pet lovers.
With excellent schools, affordable housing, employment opportunities and an abundance of cultural and recreational activities, moving to Oakland County will be the best decision you can make.
Apply for Director - Graduate Medical Education Opportunity
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly