Essentia Health St. Mary s Medical Center
- 330 bed tertiary hospital, consistently ranked among America s top 100 hospitals
- 3 Neurosurgeons (one is casual) in the department. This is an area of growth for Essentia, goal is to hire up to 4-5 Neurosurgeons.
- Call coverage by locums only. In future compensated call is not more than 3-4 nights per month after the department builds on
- 6 Advanced Practitioners supporting Neurosurgeon in ambulatory and acute setting, also taking floor and surgical call with neurosurgeons
- Clinic on site, park once daily!
- Level I Trauma Center and Level II Pediatric Emergency Department
- Dedicated Neurosurgical ICU and floor
- Primary stroke center
- Call is compensated separately
- 70-80% spine and 20-30% cranial case mix currently
- Built in referral base
- Strong PM&R department
- Comprehensive cancer center with Cyber Knife
- No adult orthopedic spinal surgeons
- Two dedicated neurosurgical operating rooms with state-of-the-art equipment
- 3 new Pentero microscopes, 2 with IR capability
- O Arm 1 and O Arm 2 with stealth S7 and 8 stations
- 2 Medtronic power pedicle screw drivers
- 2 full sets of pneumatic Kerisons
- Limited pediatric neurosurgery scope. Three major Children s hospitals in Minneapolis/St Paul.
- BC/BE in Neurological Surgery
- Fellowship trained physicians encourage to apply
- 150 miles north of Minneapolis/St. Paul metropolitan area
- Regional service area 460,000; City of Duluth population: 86,000
Essentia Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for Neurosurgery
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly