Academic Pulmonary/Critical Care/Sleep Medicine Physician
Academic Pulmonary/Critical Care/Sleep Medicine Physician- VA Medical Center (VAMC) Syracuse, New York is seeking a full-time Academic Pulmonary/Critical Care/Sleep Medicine physician. Candidates must be BC in Internal Medicine, BC/BE in Pulmonary/Critical Care Medicine and Sleep Medicine is also desired/given preference, but not an absolute requirement. Candidates will have experience in the full range of Pulmonary/Critical Care and preferentially Sleep Medicine clinical services and procedures to treat conditions affecting the Pulmonary and critical care systems. The successful candidate will be proficient in a wide range of procedures that include Pulmonary/critical care, bronchoscopy, EUS/ultrasound and airway management procedures. Will consider candidates who will be completing Pulmonary/Critical Care /Sleep fellowship training or becoming board eligible in June 2020. The Syracuse VA is affiliated with the medical school at the State University of New York (SUNY) Upstate Medical University (UMU). Teaching of medical students, residents The position provides an outstanding opportunity for individuals committed to an academic career in clinical care, teaching and research and requires excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to team building and fellows is an integral part of the position. The Syracuse VAMC offers state-of-the-art equipment and procedural suites. Applicants must possess a full and unrestricted license in any State and must qualify for an academic appointment at the SUNY UMU. The VA offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience using VA's market-based physician pay system, and a generous federal benefits package
Financial Disclosure Report:Not requiredTravel Required
Not requiredSupervisory status
- Job family (Series)
0602 Medical Officer
- U.S. Citizenship; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
Conditions of Employment
Applicants pending the completion of educational or certification/licensure requirements may be referred and tentatively selected but may not be hired until all requirements are met.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
- Candidates must be BC in Internal Medicine, BC/BE in Pulmonary/Critical Care Medicine and Sleep Medicine is also desired/given preference, but not an absolute requirement
Physical Requirements:Light lifting (under 15 lbs), light carrying (under 15 lbs), use of fingers, far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and 20/40 in the other, hearing (aid permitted), emotional stability, mental stability.Education
Note:Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here:http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit:http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Apply for Academic Pulmonary/Critical Care/Sleep Medicine Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly