Employed Geriatric Specialist with Carilion Clinic - Roanoke, VA
Carilion Clinic, in scenic Roanoke, VA is searching for Geriatrics Specialist to join section the Section of Palliative and Geriatric Medicine. Candidate will provide patient care in several nursing facilities as well as Carilion Clinic's Center for Healthy Aging. Carilion's Center for Healthy Aging is in very close proximity to Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital, a 703-bed teaching/tertiary care referral center and one of the largest and busiest Level 1 trauma centers in Virginia. Our group uses a closed model clinical practice where physicians serve as both attending physician and medical director for SNF and/or LTC facilities in the Roanoke, New River Valley, and Rocky Mount, VA communities.
- Collaboration with nurse practitioners and physician assistants within SNF/LTC facilities
- One-to-two half-days per week as attending physician for a geriatric assessment/memory disorder specialty care clinic
- Serve as clinical faculty for medical students (Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine (VTCSOM) and Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM); Carilion Family Medicine and Internal Medicine residents; and Carilion geriatric fellows.
- Modification of the core job description to accommodate research pursuits or other unique qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Call responsibilities: phone (home) call for admissions or telephone coverage (approximately one weekend/month and 1-2 weeknights/month
- Scholarly pursuits are highly encouraged
- Residency Trained and BC/BE in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine and need to possess Certificate of Added Qualification (CAQ) in Geriatrics, or
- Certified Medical Director (CMD) status with the Society for Post Acute and Long Term Care Medicine (formerly the American Medical Directors Association (AMDA)), or
- Document sustained experience in skilled nursing facility (SNF) and long term care (LTC) medicine
- Fellowship in Geriatrics is preferred
Carilion Clinic, a community-based, integrated health system is an organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. We are the largest not-for-profit integrated health system serving nearly one million people in Virginia, with seven hospitals, 220+ physician practice locations, and 25 GME programs. This network of 750+ multi-specialty physicians in over 70 specialties offers Carilion physicians faster access to patient information and history with a sophisticated, fully integrated electronic medical record system (EPIC) and excellent access to sub-specialty consultation. Our mission driven organization is built on progress and academic partnerships
The Roanoke Valley is a metro area of 300,000, and has consistently been rated among the best places to live in the nation and features exceptional schools, low cost of living, inexpensive real estate, and abundant outdoor activities in an exceptional setting along the Blue Ridge Parkway, Appalachian Trail, Smith Mountain Lake, and surrounding areas. Located at the southern tip of Virginia s Shenandoah Valley, easy interstate access allows for a few hours driving distance to the Atlantic Ocean beaches and major metropolitan areas. Additionally Carilion Clinic offers a competitive salary with incentive tied to productivity and quality criteria and a fully comprehensive benefits package including paid malpractice and tail insurance, healthcare insurance, and retirement benefits to include a fully funded pension plan.
To learn more about Carilion Clinic and the Roanoke Valley:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Apply for Employed Geriatric Specialist with Carilion Clinic - Roanoke, VA
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly