Home Health Medical Director- 30K Sign On Bonus For External Candidates - Las Vegas, NV
Our Home Health agency is an integral part of the Optum Nevada healthcare delivery system with a focus on improving patient outcomes. The agency is a multi-disciplinary service that includes nursing, physical therapy, social work, dietary, speech and occupational therapy, and home health aides. Our goal is to improve our patients' health when visiting them in their residence, typically following a hospital admission.
We're looking for someone with the motivation and heart to provide experienced, compassionate, innovative and high-quality care to patients throughout Southern Nevada.
The Home Health Medical Director, is a member of the Post-Acute senior leadership team helping to improve the quality, cost and service levels of health care provided by the home health agency. This position works closely with other senior leaders to direct, manage and evaluate all home health practice operations. This position is 30 percent clinical patient care in the home and 70 percent administrative.
* Provide leadership for and communication to home health clinical and operational staff
* Develop and implement methods to decrease acute and SNF readmission rates
* Develop disease specific critical pathways in collaboration with cardiology, COPD physicians, medical specialties, and home health clinicians. Provide education and training to staff related to critical pathway disease management
* See patients in the home and/or consult with clinical staff at their patient visits
* Be the home health "Ambassador" in the community to improve communication and awareness of home health services by providing education and training to physicians and referral sources
* Ensure that home health policies are maintained and followed. Establish new policies and procedures related to patient care, medical management/education, and disaster procedures as needed
* Attend leadership and staff meetings, IDT's, case conferences, clinical rounds, committee meetings, and maintain designated admin office hours
* Partner with medical management and ACE staff to promote process improvements, cost saving initiatives, and service enhancements
* Ensure that CMS Conditions of Participation and Nevada Department of Health regulatory standards are met
* Work with finance to develop Key metrics/dashboards to drive affordability
* Assist with complaints, issues and other duties as they arise
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
* M.D. or D.O. degree
* Must have an active and unrestricted medical license in the State of Nevada or ability to obtain prior to employment
* Board certification in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or Geriatrics
* 5+ years of experience in a medical group or hospital-based practice
* 1+ year of experience in management/leadership
* Knowledge of home health operations
* Experience in medical utilization management, medical quality assurance, and risk management in a capitated reimbursement environment
* Strong knowledge of healthcare industry management practices, human resources management, and demonstrabled capabilities in team building and professional collaboration
* Strong oral and written communication capabilities
For over forty years, we've dedicated ourselves to keeping our community healthy through forward-thinking services and patient-centered care. Now, Southwest Medical Associates, part of OptumCare, is pleased to offer you a chance for a rewarding health care career.
Southwest Medical was founded in Las Vegas in 1972 and is Nevada's largest multispecialty medical group with over 370 local health care providers in over 30 health care centers, including seven convenient care centers, six urgent care centers, two outpatient surgery centers and two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, plus access to a network of 630 providers throughout southern Nevada.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So, when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for Home Health Medical Director- 30K Sign On Bonus For External Candidates - Las Vegas, NV
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly