Colorectal and General Surgery
- Will join an established, highly regarded Colorectal and General Surgery practice for both outpatient and inpatient/OR settings.
- The practice is committed to providing comprehensive Colorectal and General Surgery care, coordinating care with necessary departments.
- Department includes 6 general surgeons, including fellowship trained hepatobiliary, colorectal and endocrine surgeons along with 6 NP/PA’s
- Busy, established practice includes general, robotic, endocrine, colorectal, bariatric, advanced laparoscopic, endoscopy, colonoscopy. Large mix of cases.
- Rural surgery residency training program.
- Regional referral center. ACS Cancer Center. Research.
- St. Mary’s Medical Center – a 330-bed tertiary hospital, consistently ranked among America’s Top 100 Hospitals
- Miller-Dwan Medical Center – a 175-bed Specialized Care Facility
- St. Mary’s Hospital Superior-25 beds, Critical Access Hospital
- 1:7 call no ACS (acute care surgery), Trauma or Vascular call; NP/PA team takes first call. Acute care surgery service takes all ER and hospital consults, in addition to regional transfers.
- Accredited Trauma Program/ Level I Trauma Center with ACS/Trauma/Critical Care surgeons dedicated to the program.
- FTE is flexible (0.6-1.0) and needed due to growth
- The selected candidate will work with the General Surgery teams, with a majority of Colorectal Surgery cases/procedures and some general surgery cases/procedures
- BC/BE in General Surgery
- Fellowship in Colorectal Surgery, ABCRS certified or eligible
- Candidates should be comfortable with the full spectrum of colorectal surgery
- Candidates should possess excellent clinical skills, communication skills, and a strong commitment to providing excellent care that is team oriented
- 150 miles north of Minneapolis/St. Paul metropolitan area
- Regional service area 460,000; City of Duluth population: 86,000
Essentia Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran Status.
Apply for Colorectal and General Surgery
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly