Obstetrics & Gynecology - Medical Director, Women's Service Line Opportunity
Mount Carmel Health System has an exciting full-time employment opportunity for a board-certified OB/GYN physician to serve as the Medical Director within the Mount Carmel Women’s Health Service Line, located in Columbus, Ohio. The physician must have national certification in Electronic Fetal Monitoring (C-EFM ®) through the National Certification Corporation.
The successful candidate will lead in coordinating the development, implementation and delivery of high quality and cost-effective women's health care across the continuum. The schedule for this opportunity will include .6 FTE treating patients in a clinical setting and .4 FTE to administrative responsibilities.
The Women’s Health Service Line (WHSL) includes 8,000 deliveries/year, 10,000 OB Triage visits/year, 2,000 outpatient surgeries/year, 10,000 maternal fetal medicine visits/year, and 75,000 mammography visits/year. The WHSL manages a budget of over $135M with more than 900 colleagues, including doulas, breast surgeons, OB/GYN providers, and nurses.
A minimum of 7-10 years of experience in women’s health related or service line leadership roles is preferred, including management of physician specialty practices. A Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Public Health is also preferred. The successful candidate will have proven experience including initiating key projects, allocating resources and achieving results with the ability to motivate, empower, and develop others. Candidates must have
experience in business planning processes, strategic development activities, and demonstrated application of a system-thinking approach to organizational situations and problems. Must demonstrate competency in financial analysis and management, outcomes management, service excellence, and leadership in an interdisciplinary environment. Candidates should have strong analytical, evaluative and problem-solving skills. Knowledge of ACGME teaching requirements is required. Candidates should have experience with development, implementation, and oversight of key programs and services to support market share growth, clinical service excellence, patient satisfaction, and fiscal performance goals.
Responsibilities for the Medical Director for the Women’s Health Service Line role include:
- Collaborates with other service line and medical staff department leaders to advance care delivery to women across the lifespan.
- Responsible for providing overall medical leadership, direction and integration of physician elements for the OB/GYN program, prenatal clinics, the OB/GYN residency program, breast surgery, women’s imaging centers, women's midlife/integrative health, URO/GYN, maternal fetal medicine and additional programs that advance the women's health service line.
- A key resource in the development, enhancement and propagation of the vision and strategic direction of the service line.
- Serves as a spokesperson for the views of WHSL physicians practicing at Mount Carmel.
- Serves as an active member of the WHSL Triad to assure that system goals are achieved in alignment with the MCHS strategic plan.
- Provides oversight of the OB house-attending program across the system.
- Assists in the oversight of the certified nurse midwife programs across the system.
- Responsible for the coordination of women's services with the chairperson of the department of obstetrics and gynecology and pediatrics, director of graduate medical education, assistant program director OB/GYN graduate medical education, system breast medical director, system maternal fetal medicine medical director and related department medical directors as applicable.
- Assist elected medical staff leadership in addressing peer review, professional behavior and clinical quality issues.
- Work with medical staff services in assuring compliance with medical staff credentialing requirements.
- Work with residency program directors to assure exemplary Graduate Medical Education programs.
- Contracting, evaluation and contract renewal for physicians in the Women’s Health Service Line.
- Participating in interviews and providing input in selection of new physicians.
- Ongoing management of education of Women’s Health Service Line physicians.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right Administrative physician with an interest in service line leadership to join Mount Carmel Health System.
Mount Carmel Health System offers a competitive salary and compensation package including:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Retirement savings account with employer match starting on day one
- Generous paid time off programs
- Employee recognition incentive program
- Tuition/professional development reimbursement
- Relocation assistance (geographic restrictions apply)
- Discounted tuition and enrollment opportunities at the Mount Carmel College of Nursing
Apply for Obstetrics & Gynecology - Medical Director, Women's Service Line Opportunity
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly