Palliative Care Physician Needed for Thriving Southeast Metro
Huntsville Hospital Health System
Palliative Care Physician Opportunity
- Seeking Palliative Medicine Physician for Huntsville Hospital
- Clinical Duties to include inpatient consults with some hospice coverage Interdisciplinary team with NPs, Music Therapy, SWs and Chaplains
- Provision to include call rotation with program expansion
- Future plans for Community-based Palliative Care
This employed position offers an excellent compensation package including paid vacation, CME allowance, relocation allowance, health, dental, life and malpractice insurance, and a 401k plan with employer contribution. Huntsville Hospital is a 941 bed, Level I Trauma and Regional Referral Center. The hospital has EMR, 24/7 in-house Hospitalist, Radiology, Cardiology, Trauma, Orthopedic and Neurosurgical Coverage.
- MD or DO from accredited medical school
- Board certification in Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- Ideal candidate with Hospice & Palliative Medicine Fellowship
- Alabama Medicine License
- DEA License
- Communicate efficiently with patients, families and team
- Expertise in symptom management for patients with serious illness
- Effective collaboration within an interdisciplinary framework
- Demonstrate a desire to help increase Palliative Care access in the community
- Participate with staff education and mentoring
- Willingness to supervise residents
- Comfortable supervising advanced practice providers
Huntsville is situated in the fastest growing major metropolitan area in Alabama, and with the highest per capita income in the southeast, Huntsville is the best place to live, learn and work. We are a community on the move, rich with values and traditions while progressing with new ideas, exciting technologies and creative talents. With a population of 386,661 in the metro area, we are a high-tech, family oriented, diverse community with excellent schools, dining and entertainment.
Madison County named one of the Top 50 Best Places to Raise Children in the U.S. by Business Week.
- Huntsville ranks No. 7 Best Places to live in the U.S. by U.S. News and World Report.
- Huntsville ranked among Best Cities for Mid-Career Professionals in the nation by Kiplinger s.
- Huntsville City Schools named National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence .
- Madison City Schools is Top Producer of National Merit Students in the state.
- Madison City Schools ranked 2nd best in the entire state.
For more information, please contact;
Tina Baker, physician recruiter
Apply for Palliative Care Physician Needed for Thriving Southeast Metro
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly