TRAUMA/SURGICAL CRITICAL CARE/ACUTE CARE SURGERY
Essentia Health in Duluth, Minnesota is looking hire a full-time trauma acute care surgeon to join our current group of six full time and 3 part time surgeons to replace a retiring full-time partner. The surgeon would be expected to be board certified or eligible in general surgery and board certified or eligible in critical care with fellowship training in either surgical critical care or acute care surgery.
The practice involves approximately a third each of acute care surgery, trauma surgery and surgical critical care. The position features a salary for 16 shifts a month with extra pay for extra shifts. We made our program lifestyle friendly, and run our program as a service and function as a team. We have initiated a night rotation, so there is no longer 24 hour call shifts.
- ACS-COT Level I Adult Trauma Center & Level II Pediatric Trauma Center.
- Annual trauma admissions approximately 1700 patients
- St. Mary’s Medical Center: 330-bed tertiary care center; Top 100 Hospital
- 8 bed PICU; 10-bed Neurotrauma ICU; 11 bed medical ICU; 18 bed Cardiovascular ICU
- Essentia Health - Duluth: 165-bed specialty hospital with Burn ICU and rehab joined with SMMC by skywalk
- Solid referral base of 20 regional emergency departments with a committed emergency response system
- Trauma program staff includes 6 Trauma Surgeons, 10 Advanced Practice Clinicians, Manager (CNS), Office Coordinator, 3 Trauma Registrars, and 1 injury prevention coordinator
- NP and PA coverage 7am-11pm most days of the week
- Interest and willingness to collaborate with research projects
- Rural General; Surgery Residency Program affiliated with the University of Minnesota
- Constructing new $800 million dollar hospital, to be completed in the spring of 2023.
- BC/BE in General Surgery
- Fellowship training in Surgical Critical Care or Acute Care Surgery
- Duluth, MN – located at the westernmost tip of Lake Superior recognized as the outdoor capital of the Midwest
- 150 miles north of Minneapolis/St. Paul
- Twin Ports population: 125,000
- Regional service area: 460,000 (up to 1.5 million based on seasonal/recreational influx)
Apply for TRAUMA/SURGICAL CRITICAL CARE/ACUTE CARE SURGERY
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly