Our ten-member gastroenterology section is seeking BE/BC general gastroenterologists as part of a planned expansion. Our section serves a 357-bed tertiary referral center with specialized foregut, bariatric, colorectal and pancreaticobiliary surgery and a nationally recognized cancer center. The facility features an endoscopy unit and outpatient clinic with state-of-the-art 8 endoscopy suites and a motility lab. An IM hospitalist service manages all GI admissions and GI functions as a consultative service. Eight NPs/PAs support outpatient management of IBS, IBD and liver disease and the inpatient GI consultation service. This position can accommodate subspecialty interests and provides a 1: 8 call schedule. ERCP and EUS experience not required.
- Our current group of ten physicians includes eight general and two therapeutic endoscopy gastroenterologists working in a 100% consultative practice.
- Compensation is guaranteed base salary with incentive for production, not an RVU based model.
- State-of-the-art Digestive Health Center performing a full spectrum of endoscopy procedures
- New hospital under construction with projected opening 2023
- All GI hospital admissions are managed by IM hospitalist service
- University of Minnesota medical school affiliation
- Teaching, research and outreach opportunities available
- Excellent school districts
- BC/BE in Gastroenterology required
- Duluth, MN (150 miles north of the north of Minneapolis/St. Paul)
- Regional service area: 490,000
- Physician-led, integrated healthcare delivery system
Essentia Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for Gastroenterology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly