Transplant Hepatology Opportunity in San Antonio, TX
Texas Transplant Physician Group, a department of Methodist Hospital | Specialty and Transplant and located in San Antonio, Texas, is currently recruiting for a Transplant Hepatologist to join an employed, dynamic and growing practice.
Candidates with strong transplant Hepatology experience, completion of transplant Hepatology fellowship, and board certified/eligible are encouraged to inquire.
- The Transplant Hepatologist will enjoy a collaborative environment with a group of physicians with more than 60 years of combined expertise in all aspects of liver disease management, transplant services and procedures.
- The Transplant Hepatologist will work closely with the Surgical Director of Liver Transplant with a potential program director role to support growth of the renowned transplant program.
- Involvement with starting or expanding a liver transplant program would be ideal
- Driven, Innovative, and enjoys new challenges
- Excellent communication skills and good at fostering relationships with referring physicians
- The Liver Disease and Transplant Program at Texas Transplant Institute, on the campus of Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital, is nationally recognized for its successful outcomes.
- Consistently ranked Best in Texas for survival rates greater than 95% for one-year and three-year survival.
- Since the program’s founding in 2001, the expert medical staff have completed over 700+ liver transplants.
- On a percentage basis, we have transplanted more medically urgent patients than any other transplant program in Texas.
- For more detailed information visit the UNOS website; the code for our program is TXHS.
Will I be able to grow a successful practice?
- The San Antonio MSA has grown by 11.75% between 2010 and 2016 and is predicted to increase an additional 8.12% by 2021.
- San Antonio is projected to welcome 1.1 million new residents by 2040 and demographically represents what the US will look like in the future.
- This type of growth gives you every advantage to be successful!
What does San Antonio offer?
- The city offers more than just great restaurants.
- There are over 240 parks and 150 miles worth of walking, hiking, and biking trails, as well as some award-winning golf courses.
- For families and sports enthusiasts, enjoy major theme parks, several museums, and college and professional sports teams - such as the famous San Antonio Spurs!
About Methodist Healthcare System of San Antonio
- Methodist Healthcare System – San Antonio is the largest provider of health care in South and Central Texas with 28 facilities including nine acute care hospitals serving over 94,000 inpatients and 500,000 outpatients annually.
- With more than 2,700 credentialed physicians, Methodist Healthcare System provides the largest array of medical services in the region including neurosurgery, cardiovascular services, transplants, oncology and women’s services.
Apply for Transplant Hepatology Opportunity in San Antonio, TX
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly