Physician - Anesthesiology
Dr. Guthrie came to our community over 100 years ago with a belief that people in small towns deserved the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and still physician-led, Guthrie Clinic has since grown to be an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients in 12 counties across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
The best physicians and advance practice providers choose Guthrie, because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. We're glad you are interested in joining our team.
Guthrie is seeking a general anesthesiologist for our Corning based department. You will have a chance to work in the care team model with a collegial group of established Anesthesiologist and CRNAs.
Highlights of the Position
- Academic/Faculty opportunities for new Anesthesiology Residency Program
- New residency program as of July 2020
- Practice in a new hospital (2014) with 5 state-of-the-art operating rooms.
- Anesthesia Care Team Model used.
- Wide spectrum of cases with the exception of cardiac, thoracic and neurosurgery.
- Anesthesia Department manages O.R. schedule providing the necessary structure for a smooth, efficient work day.
- 75% of time doing your own cases, 25% of time medically directing CRNAs.
- Robust EHR (EPIC 10-star health system, top 1% of EPIC organizations)
Work Life Balance
- Limited call schedule
- Generous paid time off annually, in addition to holidays and sick time
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Above industry average salary and bonus structure
- Full benefits including medical, dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice/Liability Insurance including tail coverage
- Guthrie retirement savings plan (403-B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for licensure fees, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- Meeting time - 14 days with options for home study
- $3,400 annually for conference registration, certifications, membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies
- Teaching opportunities - Guthrie has 5 residency programs plus the Anesthesia Residency as of July 2020. The successful candidate also has the potential to participate n medical student education. Guthrie is a regional campus the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available.
- Relocation expenses paid
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
About the Area
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods. With plenty of cultural and sports activities of its own, Guthrie's central location affords the benefits of dining, shopping, culture and recreation in small cities and communities, with easy access to big cities like New York and Philadelphia.
Guthrie is a non-profit integrated health system located in north central Pennsylvania and upstate New York. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 325 physicians and 210 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning and discovery.
Apply for Physician - Anesthesiology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly